• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

[Fixed] nextoptim.net or .com redirect

Sorry for adding my two pennies worth - but I think that's just how the ads work. Of course they're tailored to all of us, and our browsing history so we don't all get the same. Hopefully what I've said about them is right (for once) and they disappear.

ETA if you're using an adblocker that's likely to do the job for the most part. On my phone, Chrome doesn't, so that's why it happens there. On my Mac I don't have a problem at all, but I'm pretty sure I have setting to stop pop up ads on. That might be another reason some have it and some don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stash-N
Hi all

Thanks for raising this. I have flagged it to the as providers. I have also changed the title to be a little less scary.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add in, I use this site on Mobile and three computers, Firefox, Edge and IE.

I hadn't seen this happen to me.

Thanks for fixing the issues though

Reactions: IN_30N
Confirmed with as supplier this is a problem like Emma has suggested. They have made some changes to hopefully avoid this. Please let me know if continues.

I was going to thank you for your efforts in fixing the problem, and I was in the middle of writing this post when it happened again.

This computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium and AVG Internet Security, which is obviously NOT protecting this PC like Eset is protecting mine...

I trust this information helps you or the ad providers track it down.

Cheers!

IMG_5493.JPGIMG_5494.JPGIMG_5495.JPG
Ignore the Unigine Heaven download in the last picture, unrelated. I was downloading that on this computer (a different computer to the last 3) and went onto the forum whilst waiting for it to download...

I think it can take a few days for them to catch them @Corsa59 I had one last night, but none since. I think if I clear my history/cookies/cache it usually stops it (it must be a specific targeted ad that’s doing it).

Reactions: Corsa59
I think it can take a few days for them to catch them @Corsa59 I had one last night, but none since. I think if I clear my history/cookies/cache it usually stops it (it must be a specific targeted ad that’s doing it).

Thanks for the tip _Emma, I will try that...

Just to add an addendum to this thread.

I have had THREE of my clients call me in the last 48 hours with this very same problem. Identical (or at least very close to identical) warning messages about the state of their computer registry, files, system, or profile being corrupted, and if they don't follow the instruction within so many seconds, their files or Windows will be deleted.

The good news (if that is possible) is that none of these three clients own an N, or are on the N-cars.net forum, so the problem is occurring elsewhere, and not just on this forum. But two out the three cases reported to me were on a forum (one camping/outdoor, and one woodworking) at the time the rogue ad appeared. So very interesting...

So it would appear that this is becoming more widespread before it is solved by the ad provider/s and goes away, as they all eventually do.

Thanks for your work in getting this problem fixed!

Reactions: IN_30N
Just to add an addendum to this thread.

I have had THREE of my clients call me in the last 48 hours with this very same problem. Identical (or at least very close to identical) warning messages about the state of their computer registry, files, system, or profile being corrupted, and if they don't follow the instruction within so many seconds, their files or Windows will be deleted.

The good news (if that is possible) is that none of these three clients own an N, or are on the N-cars.net forum, so the problem is occurring elsewhere, and not just on this forum. But two out the three cases reported to me were on a forum (one camping/outdoor, and one woodworking) at the time the rogue ad appeared. So very interesting...

So it would appear that this is becoming more widespread before it is solved by the ad provider/s and goes away, as they all eventually do.

Thanks for your work in getting this problem fixed!
Thanks for the update. Yes as per Emma's previous post this is quite a common problem it seems. Hopefully it has been solved here for now.