• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

[Fixed] nextoptim.net or .com redirect

Corsa59

Nthusiast
Jan 19, 2018
Anyone else had this problem????

For the last couple of weeks, my anti-virus software has been working overtime when I am on this forum. Every now and then the computer automatically forwards me to a website with the above address: nextoptim.net or nextoptim.com, and then it forwards to another website ( I can't remember the name), and then I get one of those fake warnings about Windows being corrupt, and files will be deleted in so many seconds.

You just back out of the sites, and it goes back to the forum eventually, but it is a real pain in the A$$.

My anti-virus STOPS the first webpage opening, so I had not seen the rest of the webpages and fake messages until tonight. I am setting up a new PC, and went to this forum BEFORE installing my AV, so it went right through to the scam warning, which comes with a really loud alarm noise, super annoying.

Anyone else come across this? Am I accidentally clicking on one of those ads? I don't think so, as it happens too often.

Is something going to be done to remove this scamware from the forum?

Maverick

Nthusiast
May 10, 2018
Europe
I have no antivirus since 2004 and I get no redirects or forwarding on this or any other website.. either on Win10, Manjaro, or even WinXP on a virtual machine with an outdated version of chrome from 2016.

You're most likely infected with adware: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-nextoptim-com/

Use some antimalware software like bitdefender or malwarebytes, or just do a fresh install of whatever it is you are using. When installing programs, don't click next next next next, there's a good chance there'll be hidden adware programs in the installation process.

I'll just ignore what you said about "scamware" on this forum which is just plain offensive.

Reactions: Safcwarrior

J BOB

Nthusiast
Aug 17, 2018
wigan
Anyone else had this problem????

For the last couple of weeks, my anti-virus software has been working overtime when I am on this forum. Every now and then the computer automatically forwards me to a website with the above address: nextoptim.net or nextoptim.com, and then it forwards to another website ( I can't remember the name), and then I get one of those fake warnings about Windows being corrupt, and files will be deleted in so many seconds.

You just back out of the sites, and it goes back to the forum eventually, but it is a real pain in the A$$.

My anti-virus STOPS the first webpage opening, so I had not seen the rest of the webpages and fake messages until tonight. I am setting up a new PC, and went to this forum BEFORE installing my AV, so it went right through to the scam warning, which comes with a really loud alarm noise, super annoying.

Anyone else come across this? Am I accidentally clicking on one of those ads? I don't think so, as it happens too often.

Is something going to be done to remove this scamware from the forum?
I've had it about three times!

AFRocks

Oct 6, 2018
Dorset
Literally just happened to me. Happened when browsing on my phone too. I think it's the site, not my machines.

Maverick

Nthusiast
May 10, 2018
Europe
Literally just happened to me. Happened when browsing on my phone too. I think it's the site, not my machines.
What exactly happened? Some additional info would be appreciated.. operating system, browser, addons.. etc

AFRocks

Oct 6, 2018
Dorset
Win10, Firefox without extensions, Norton AV installed and running. On phone, was through Chrome app with Norton app installed and running.

Getting no issues from other websites.

Site was as described by op, took me to some splash page suggesting I click to install McAfee.

EDIT - Happened on my phone a few days ago, not this evening. This evening was on my PC.

Maverick

Nthusiast
May 10, 2018
Europe
I also use chrome on windows and on android but I am not able to replicate this issue.. :rolleyes:

You can use the guide above and detect where the issue is. It's a well known adware.

Reactions: AFRocks

Mordog

Nthusiast
May 24, 2018
Germany
could be one of the ads.
never happened on home-network with pi-hole.
happened twice on phone over mobil network.

_Emma

Nthusiast
Oct 29, 2018
UK
Happened on my iPhone, on this site and one other, using safari and phone. Not Malware.

Maverick

Nthusiast
May 10, 2018
Europe
"Nextoptim.com is a legitimate advertising service that website publishers use to generate revenue on their sites. Unfortunately, there are some adware programs that are injecting these ads onto web sites you visit without the permission of the publisher in order to generate revenue."

I'd love to help but there's not much I can do tbh. It's most likely some adware program using the ads to project that crap. I'm no "expert" though.. :(

_Emma

Nthusiast
Oct 29, 2018
UK
You can report it with the ad providers and they resolve it. Usually they disappear from the ad service within a week or so.

Garth

Feb 1, 2018
Vienna
uBlock Origin or similar is highly reccomended to protect yourself against privacy tracking, invasive advertising etc... and as a side affect it makes websites faster and easier to use.

AFRocks

Oct 6, 2018
Dorset
I also use chrome on windows and on android but I am not able to replicate this issue.. :rolleyes:

You can use the guide above and detect where the issue is. It's a well known adware.
It's probably worth saying that it's not regular, has just happened once on each device for me.

Update: Ran Malwarebytes and it couldn't find anything on my machine. But for me it's no biggie anyway- for the small number of times it has happened I can live with hitting 'back' a couple of times. If it becomes more frequent I'll report back here.

Last edited:

padigree

Staff member
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Not a Single time. Maybe because we use a Kind of ad and scamblock at work. But neither on my mi8 nor on any Notebook or Tablet without protection or adblock.. Only thing which is really annoying is that video ad. A bit bad for mobile data

Corsa59

Nthusiast
Jan 19, 2018
I have no antivirus since 2004 and I get no redirects or forwarding on this or any other website.. either on Win10, Manjaro, or even WinXP on a virtual machine with an outdated version of chrome from 2016.

You're most likely infected with adware: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-nextoptim-com/

Use some antimalware software like bitdefender or malwarebytes, or just do a fresh install of whatever it is you are using. When installing programs, don't click next next next next, there's a good chance there'll be hidden adware programs in the installation process.

I'll just ignore what you said about "scamware" on this forum which is just plain offensive.

Offensive, but true. The truth hurts.....

I didn't infer the forum or the staff/moderators were doing it deliberately. Had you bothered to actually read my post and not be offended, you would have seen that:

My anti-virus STOPS the first webpage opening, so I had not seen the rest of the webpages and fake messages until tonight. I am setting up a new PC, and went to this forum BEFORE installing my AV.

So, because the computer was NEW, fresh build with a NEW SSD, and a fresh copy of Windows 7 from 2015, how do you think it could have adware? The forum was literally the first site I cruised to after setting up the PC. I was letting Windows do updates, so thought I would kill some time on my favourite forum.

I am a computer tech, with 30+ years of experience, and I run anti-virus software, not because I need it, but because sometimes decent and honest websites (and forums) can get this type of infection through no fault of their own.

I am not looking to BLAME or FLAME anyone, I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced it, had any of the staff experienced it, and could they PLEASE take a look at why and how to stop it if possible. Obviously judging by the replies, other users have....

I have had it appear as a blocked website on my personal computer (Core i9 7920X with 32GB ram running Windows 10 Version 1803), which is running Eset Internet Security. Eset blocks it multiple times, then it seems to go away. I have also had it happen on my Mac (2015 27" running Mojave) with same result from Eset Cyber Security, stopped before redirection.

Also happened on a client's computer whilst testing it, ONLY on this website/forum. Eset was also protecting their computer, so no biggie, but I won't be doing that again...

Now it has happened on a fourth computer, brand new with NO AV installed, and I got to experience the entire process, from the nextoptim redirect to another page to the fake warning (with very loud alarm sound) telling me my registry files were corrupt and would be deleted, unless I called this number.

The disturbing thing is i do NOT think I clicked on an ad to bring up the redirect. Had I done so, then yes, I am the idiot, but I would swear on a stack of i30N manuals that the redirect happened without clicking on anything potentially bad, just whilst navigating the site. I totally agree with "the recently and very thankfully resurrected" _Emma that this is the ad providers issue, and they will attempt to correct it if notified of the issue.

I will try and recreate it on this "unprotected" PC, and video it, and send a copy to whoever needs it to solve this problem.

Have a great day!! :)

Reactions: Maverick

Maverick

Nthusiast
May 10, 2018
Europe
I'll just shut it because it seems I don't have a clue about such things.. @IN_30N is already informed and looking into it.

Truly weird that I and a few others that I contacted can't experience/replicate this on more than 5 different unprotected operating systems and browsers. Oh well. Thanks for your input @Corsa59 and have a nice day too.

_Emma

Nthusiast
Oct 29, 2018
UK
https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/11/08/heres-protect-rogue-redirect-ads-right-now-chrome/

https://plus.google.com/+ArtemRussakovskii/posts/56BYLha71bX

There’s threads all over the place about rogue ads and redirects online through ad providers.

They come through your ad provider sometimes, so it’s pot luck if you get that ad at the time, you can’t force it to do it . It’s likely google ads (or whatever you use) has got one with a bad redirect in it. Because it happens instantly, I can’t tell which ad is on the page at the time that causes it. I’ve not had it happen for a week or so, so I’m guessing the ad has been reported.

@Corsa59 was only trying to help. Why does it have to get snarky and on other posts as well? Nobody said it was the forums’ fault just that it was happening. And just because you can’t replicate it now doesn’t mean it didn’t happen @Maverick

The ads will hopefully be removed from the ad provider, it seems to have been at my end but not necessarily for everyone.

Reactions: Corsa59

Corsa59

Nthusiast
Jan 19, 2018
@Corsa59 was only trying to help. Why does it have to get snarky and on other posts as well? Nobody said it was the forums’ fault just that it was happening. And just because you can’t replicate it now doesn’t mean it didn’t happen @Maverick

My thoughts eactly! Thank you _Emma......