• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Fitting genuine hyunda car mats ?

Thirdway

Mar 22, 2020
U.K.
Got a set yesterday, read the destructions and scratched my head several times. The instruction are '2 clicks'. So I went out, lined up the holes and fitted the mat. The plastic receptacles on the mat can be turned, but it's not easy to do. They seem to be OK just hooked over the little plastic hooks, but I keep wondering about that '2 click' instruction. Anyone else's fitted them ?

Sorry Thirdway,can't help you with the fitting but you can help me. I have a set on order, do they come in different coloured stitching to match the car. The stitching in mine is all red.

They need to be pressed down flat against the floor. This is when you'll hear the 2nd click. Just make sure the hooks on the floor are facing towards the seat.

Not on the Veloster N they are rearward facing. I believe Hyundai utilize the same type on nearly every car.

Once you've put the mat over the hooks it take a little bit of pressure to seat them over the hooks with a click. Then they'll be seated flush with the mat. Give us a photo of the hooks you have. Do they look like these?
E059__55744.1530215751.jpg

Reactions: Davo01 and Thirdway
That's helpful, mine look identical to that as fitted. Don't need to do anything else by the looks of things.

Got to have mats always to keep the floor carpet in good condition. You might also consider installing a heel plate to keep your heel from wearing thru to rapidly.