• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
I have a small question about the first oil change and the maintenance interval.
When i picked up the car it had 6k km (3700miles) on the clock The dealer told me to bring the car in every 15k km (9000miles) for service, ok fair enough.
So i asked him if the car already had an oil change after the run-in period and he told me that it doesn't need an oil change until it reached it's first service or 12 months of age.

is it just me, or does that seem awfully long to wait to change oil full of metal particles and general crud from the run-in?
The run-in oil change is not mandatory so most people don't do it. My dealer lists it as recommended so I did it. After that my service interval is 10k km. It is different in some countries but is always between 10k and 20k km. I recommend doing it every 10k km so you have greater peace of mind. I do mine at the dealer because they also check the car for any faults while it's in (suspension, fluids, leaks etc.) and there is ALWAYS a damn rattle that needs fixing :D

Hyundai GDI engine every 5K miles max oil and filter service interval,in the US for the same engine. Go figure!:)
Regardless of what Hyundai, anyone on this forum, or even anyone on this planet says, any performance car I own (or have owned) gets an oil and filter change every 5K km. You can say I'm throwing my money away but I just don't care.

It's also not the most expensive thing to do so i might do the same, just need to find some drive up style bridges so i can get underneath :D

Reactions: GazmaN
Regardless of what Hyundai, anyone on this forum, or even anyone on this planet says, any performance car I own (or have owned) gets an oil and filter change every 5K km. You can say I'm throwing my money away but I just don't care.
I change every 3K miles, so I suppose we're in the same boat so to speak.:D

Reactions: GazmaN
I was quoted £620.65 (£596.90 + 19 x £1.25 management fee) based upon £151.57 payment after 2 weeks + 18 x £26.06/pcm for a 3 year service plan, including the MOT on the 3rd year:

1st service, £150.27
2nd service, £248.75
3rd service + MOT, £157.88 +£40

I thought this was pretty reasonable?

Yeah.. I thought it sounded a tad on the high side!! Problem is there is only 1 Hyundai dealer where I live so may need to just pay each time it’s serviced and hope they don’t inflate the cost or bring the car on a trip to the UK once a year!
I see you're on the IOM , block exemption rules means you can get your car serviced elsewhere by any Vat registered garage using OEM or equivalent parts. Certainly won't be as expensive as your local dealer. Or do as I do and service it yourself.
I've seen firsthand the cockups main dealers regularly do

No they don't want our business, especially since they charge £440 for changing the front brake pads ffs... I thought I drove a Hyundai not a 911 GT3 lol
Well, I considered this as well as other cost items, before I purchased it.

The pads and rotors were in the vicinity of $150 per rotor, brake pads were $368.00/front and $225.46/ rears, it was one of the reason I decided to get their 10 year/100K bumper to bumper warranty.

Everything is covered except the bumpers. This includes clutch plates, brake pads etc. On this occasion it was worth the cost, especially at the employee discount.:)

So, with when the aftermarket units wear out and I don't want to replace them, I can always have them go back to the stock units free of charge.;)

Hi All and hope you are all well.
I was wondering what people have been quoted for service costs on their cars?
I bought a three year service plan for £500 and had two services so far.
Rang my local dealer and asked what the costs were for the five years...…...are you all sitting down?

Year one £242.42 (about 1 hour to do)
Year Two £368.62 (about 2 hours to carry out)
Year Three £242.42 (about one hour)
Year Four £511.02 (3 to 4 hours approx.)
Year Five £242.02 (about one hour)

I will ring another dealer and ask what they charge to compare.

Free Coffee and WIFI while you wait and 12 month basic breakdown from AA, UK......…….,,,,LMAO :p

Jeeeeeezz Louise what a rip off Wessex Hyundai.

Use the online booking service and it will give you the prices, you can search for different dealerships too. They're cheaper than over the phone prices, in my experience.

It's just shocking what they try and charge you for a visual inspection and oil change and possibly air or cabin filter. OH and the excuse to "drive" the car on a "Test Drive" LOL
On my older car I opted for the cheaper interim service and changed the pollen and air filters and fuel filter myself with Hyundai parts saving over £100. Still stamped the book so who would know what was done ? Makes dealer servicing a bit of a mockery.

Looking at a 20,000 mile service in the coming weeks at a U.K main dealer, what's the ballpark figure on that?

Use the online booking service and it will give you the prices, you can search for different dealerships too. They're cheaper than over the phone prices, in my experience.
If you follow this advice and put your mileage in as 10k, 20k, 30k and so on and your postcode you can check different local dealer prices and see that the 40k service is an expensive one. It also allows you to check whether a service plan is good value.

I paid £297 for year 2 service (around 17000 miles) at my mates garage. This included him fixing the tracking (after my pothole incident in December), checking the spark plugs were ok (after remap), stripping down and cleaning all brakes, full oil and filter change and and a few other things. Filters were ok.