• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Fastback Fastest / most power fastback

Gavkat09

Nthusiast
Aug 23, 2020
Sydney
Just wondering who’s got the fastest or the most powerful fastback. What mods have you done and what’s your output

Why does it matter if HB or FB? Technically, almost the same parts need to be changed for a proper tune.
You can search the forums there are a few around with 400+ PS. There's also an N500 project going on atm in Germany (not here in the forums).

I don't want to start a useless discussion here but are you aware, that HB and FB are the same cars (from front to the middle of the car)? That means when a HB driver changes something to make it "faster" or "more powerful" the same applies to a FB driver.

Talk to @NULLOBANDITO he’d be more apt to know.

With @GazmaN here;

4. You have a I30N Fastback and
5. Interested in how to make it faster and
6. How much expense is it going to take and
7. Will the engine take the extra power increase without damage and

As has already been stated; both utilize the same engine. Both have the same suspension components.

There’s a ton of information available by utilizing the search engine. It’s the easiest way to find such information for sure. It will assist you with your questions and quickly pinpoint the information you desire, instead of rehashing allot of already provided information and ongoing threads.

Not blowing you off mate, just trying to make it easier for you!!!🙂👍🇺🇸

Last edited:
One claims 360bhp but wont actually prove it on a none happy dyno if that helps. So make it happen and aim for a 400

Reactions: Gavkat09
To chime in here too, the only real difference between the Fastback and i30N hatch is that the fastback can do pretty much ~275kph due to a lower drag-coefficient at higher speeds.

Otherwise tuning is almost identical between the hatch and Fastback as they're the same car (except for a few body panels and the exhaust).

That being said, best way to go is an intercooler, better tires, a bigger turbo, a (possibly Euro-6 compliant) catted downpipe, a flexpipe and a good tune to bind it all together. With that you can pretty much go 350-400HP, depending on the fuel, tuner and parts quality.

One claims 360bhp but wont actually prove it on a none happy dyno if that helps. So make it happen and aim for a 400
Will be aiming for around 370-380hp with the new setup. Seems bike people don’t mod the fastbacks as much as the hatches