• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Fastback N pictures

Rumple

Aug 13, 2018
London
You are not the only one to think this. I think the front of the i30 looks very similar to the Mazda 3 (headlamp shape and grill shaped like shield) whereas the old I30 looked a bit like the old Mazda 3 with the smiling grill underneath the badge. Even said to my Mazda dealer last year that if Mazda ever produced a Mazdaspeed 3 again in the current shape, it would not look too dissimilar to the i30N. Sadly Mazda never did make one thus I am here and soon to be an owner of the i30N instead.

Rumple

Aug 13, 2018
London
I agree. Love the grey. Cannot wait to see this in the flesh at the Paris motorshow. I wonder how popular these will be in the U.K. tho? Think this will be a rare beast here but more common in continental Europe.

Seai30n

Feb 5, 2018
It's certainly more discreet looking not having little touches like the flares on the rear panels. It would look amazing in black I reckon, any news about figures yet as I heard rumours they were putting 300bhp in this.FB_IMG_1537957261452.jpg

Reactions: gtchaa and Stash-N

cffc1991

May 17, 2018
Porto
It's certainly more discreet looking not having little touches like the flares on the rear panels. It would look amazing in black I reckon, any news about figures yet as I heard rumours they were putting 300bhp in this.View attachment 3208
on the 300cv, hear that Hyundai was going to make a recall to the N to update the maps of the central to the 300cv, someone confirms?

Scottukl

Dec 29, 2017
It's certainly more discreet looking not having little touches like the flares on the rear panels. It would look amazing in black I reckon, any news about figures yet as I heard rumours they were putting 300bhp in this.View attachment 3208
Officially it's supposed to be exactly the same as the hatch with 247 or 271 versions but with re-tuned suspension for slightly more comfort in normal mode but it would be good if Hyundai kept a surprise power upgrade to the last minute. Unlikely though.

Scottukl

Dec 29, 2017
I love the look - would upgrade to this in a heartbeat (especially in that grey) if it had a power hike to around 315HP but can't justify it with the same power. Good to see new models coming out though and excited to see what they launch over the next few years when trade in becomes more affordable.

Reactions: paul-h

Stash-N

May 24, 2018
Adelaide Australia
Reactions: Severnmob

N-Raged

Aug 12, 2018
Sydney
I love the look - would upgrade to this in a heartbeat (especially in that grey) if it had a power hike to around 315HP but can't justify it with the same power. Good to see new models coming out though and excited to see what they launch over the next few years when trade in becomes more affordable.
What I don’t get is there saying it’s the same hp as the hatch and still does 6.1 secs? but it looks a bigger car, surely this weighs heavier?

Scottukl

Dec 29, 2017
What I don’t get is there saying it’s the same hp as the hatch and still does 6.1 secs? but it looks a bigger car, surely this weighs heavier?
I don't think it's actually any bigger, just looks it because of the sloping rear end. If you look at the wheelbase and rear bumper they are identical in size, it's just the vertical tailgate and large rear pillar is smoothed off to a couple profile. Probably weighs the same or only a few KG's more.

N-Raged

Aug 12, 2018
Sydney
I don't think it's actually any bigger, just looks it because of the sloping rear end. If you look at the wheelbase and rear bumper they are identical in size, it's just the vertical tailgate and large rear pillar is smoothed off to a couple profile. Probably weighs the same or only a few KG's more.
Yeah fair enough, I’d be interested to see what it weighs when they release the specs, it looks weird from that 3rd photo the way the back drops off, nice colour tho..

Reactions: Scottukl