• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Facelift DCT - Gear Shifting Noise

Peter-i30n

Jul 18, 2021
Germany
Hey guys,

a question for the Facelift drivers with DCT:

Does your transmission also make a kind of "click" noise, both when shifting with the paddles and when shifting automatically, but especially when downshifting?

Is this normal with DCT and how audible can such noises be or at what point should you visit your dealer?

Many greetings

Peter

It's a very new DCT so not many people here have it. This DCT has been used on Santa Fe and Sorento and maybe you should try asking the their owners.

Apologizes, Those DCT are dry clutches. This is a new wet clutch designed for the N-Performance DCT's. It may be adapted for use in other models but it was designed specifically for the N-Performance models.

Reactions: Bu11eT
My I30N DCT does emit shifting noises, audible at low speeds. It doesn't bother me that much though.

I've been behind the wheel of mine for almost three weeks, and I cant say I have heard any noises, apart from that glorious exhaust that have me concerned. Only the local Police approaching me when I'm doing +/+ the speed limit...

As these are new transmissions, I'm certain there are noise none of us are use to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rush313
I notice it in mine. Mainly at low speeds and coming down in gears. Its sounds more of a mechanical noise - a clunk/ clatter to me than a click but I guess people hear things differently. I have heard a few people mention it and must be a characteristic of the DCT box. I am going to mention it on the first check up service but I am sure that is what they will say it is.

I drove mine in tree hugger mode "ECO", with windows down & audio off. I cant say I heard any noise coming from the DCT transmission during up or down shifting in either auto or manual mode, apart from the exhaust. It's going in for it's 1500km check next Monday, I will ask the service guys to ensure they look at this.