• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Experience with bigger intercooler

Ghost

Aug 14, 2019
Northeast
You will not need a lift a good set of jack stands or ramps will suffice. Good luck with the inter-cooler and let us know how you like it. I just couldn't give Airtec the business after that big eff up. lol... Good luck with it though.

Best regards,

-Mike

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Even on the new updated version of the forge intercooler the temp sensor will still need to be removed? Or is that still not known due to it still being in production?
I am almost positive it will still need to be removed. Red would know better than I.

Br,

-Mike
Temp sensor bracket will need to be removed on either. The width of the both FMIC's won't allow it to be retain. It's will too close to the face of the FMIC. Even if you remove the collapsible bumper with the bracket intact, install the either FMIC it's the width won't allow for its use.
It can be seen here;

Last edited:

Ghost

Aug 14, 2019
Northeast
Here you go....

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
Finally got mine installed today, the worst part was that i had no way to jack up the car because it's quite steep here.

Front was disassembled rather quickly, main problems were the temp sensor bracket (hammer took care of that, had no angle grinder) and actually getting off the original hoses and then getting on the new ones.
Used a tad of (fresh) engine oil to get them to slip on more easily.

All in all I'd say it works great, turbo flutter is now way more pronounced and car sounds more aggressive all the time. Pops, bangs and gurgles are now also more prominent and the car feels way more consistent in its performance.

Pretty much a great buy I'd say.

EDIT: Oil temps also seem to stay cooler, hovering around the 100C-107C mark at max.

Last edited:

Bu11eT

Staff member
Jun 30, 2018
Germany · Schleswig-Holstein
We installed 3 Wagner Tuning Intercoolers on three different Ns today. Oil temps didn't change at all.
Regarding the other temps, I've logged a bit of data to compare it, you can find it here: