• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Exhaust valve

GazmaN

Staff member
Nthusiast
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia

Clemet

Nthusiast
Dec 26, 2020
Norway
Did you guys have to use a small flathead to bend the ASR spring into the little notch in the circular valve part as you were closing it up? Or did you just slap it on the motor part and screw it back together?

Last edited:

GazmaN

Staff member
Nthusiast
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
@GazmaN
If it does work out, I'd be more than happy to take the spare off your hands
@smoov good news, man - they arrived and they fit. They sit more than twice as proud as the factory spring, heaps stiffer and had to squeeze the actuator cover down with a bit of oomph to bolt it on again. Exhaust rattle eliminated!

IFX must be making a mint selling these things for $150. Shoot me a PM if you still want the spare and I'll get it down to you ASAP. Finally got a good excuse to chuck a Mopar sticker on the car 馃

@R Veloster N these would be a bargain for you coming from the States.

rsz_mopar_spring.jpgrsz_mopar_spring_1.jpg

Jajodu

Nthusiast
Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
@smoov good news, man - they arrived and they fit. They sit more than twice as proud as the factory spring, heaps stiffer and had to squeeze the actuator cover down with a bit of oomph to bolt it on again. Exhaust rattle eliminated!

IFX must be making a mint selling these things for $150. Shoot me a PM if you still want the spare and I'll get it down to you ASAP. Finally got a good excuse to chuck a Mopar sticker on the car 馃

View attachment 17882View attachment 17883
Did you really pay $150 for that return spring??

GazmaN

Staff member
Nthusiast
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
Did you really pay $150 for that return spring??
Hell no! That's the point - the Aussie company sells these for $150 + shipping. I got two of them shipped here from the US for less than that. Check out the prices for the part sourced from Australia and Germany as per post #25 in this thread and then read my post #38.

Reactions: Jajodu

Bu11eT

Staff member
Nthusiast
Jun 30, 2018
Germany 路 Schleswig-Holstein
Can anyone describe the sound of the rattling valve?

Upon a cold start I had a sound that was similar to a belt squeaking (it sounded high-pitched at least). When the cold start phase was over it disappeared, the same happens when I open the valve 100% with my remote. Can this be the exhaust valve rattling?

Reactions: GazmaN

Jajodu

Nthusiast
Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
Hell no! That's the point - the Aussie company sells these for $150 + shipping. I got two of them shipped here from the US for less than that. Check out the prices for the part sourced from Australia and Germany as per post #25 in this thread and then read my post #38.
US postal costs are unbelievable, I can't believe that anyone uses them.

GazmaN

Staff member
Nthusiast
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
Can this be the exhaust valve rattling?
Most likely? Mine started off as a squeak on start-up and idling in N mode but quickly deteriorated into a really fast "ting-ting-ting" (reminded me of that ping you hear through a hose stethoscope held to the expansion chamber of a well-tuned two-stroke bike but faster ). While it was idling I inserted a screwdriver into the pipe and under the open valve and then put some upward pressure on it - noise stopped, problem confirmed.

Bu11eT

Staff member
Nthusiast
Jun 30, 2018
Germany 路 Schleswig-Holstein
Most likely? Mine started off as a squeak on start-up and idling in N mode but quickly deteriorated into a really fast "ting-ting-ting" (reminded me of that ping you hear through a hose stethoscope held to the expansion chamber of a well-tuned two-stroke bike but faster ). While it was idling I inserted a screwdriver into the pipe and under the open valve and then put some upward pressure on it - noise stopped, problem confirmed.
alright, sound like it sounds that crazy :D
already ordered the spring :D

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US

View attachment 17882View attachment 17883
Yes sir and thanks for verifying they鈥檙e a Mopar part. I think I might be able to do quite a bit better better than IFX.

$21.36 per.

If anyone is interested in them let me know!馃槂馃憤

Last edited: