• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Exhaust Tip upgrade

DONE! Just ordered some matte carbon tips with the conical stainless steel interior for €55. I'll report back on how bad or good they actually are ;)

How did these tips fit in the end and how was the quality? looking for some tips for mine but realyl dont know what to go for. as 100mm maybe too small yet 114mm some say is too big.

How did these tips fit in the end and how was the quality? looking for some tips for mine but realyl dont know what to go for. as 100mm maybe too small yet 114mm some say is too big.

114 it just right, in my opinion. Reference to my car below.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

He got sent the wrong ones so not sure if he ever got them replaced and fitted?
@SayMyNamyang is that correct?

For the people who did this themselves, recommendations for a decent exhaust cutter tool before I just go with the most decent reviews on Amazon.
Preferably in the UK.

Considering I only need to use it twice I'm not really interested in anything fancy. Just a "That'll do" type of chain cutter that won't implode when I first try to use it.

For the people who did this themselves, recommendations for a decent exhaust cutter tool before I just go with the most decent reviews on Amazon.
Preferably in the UK.

Considering I only need to use it twice I'm not really interested in anything fancy. Just a "That'll do" type of chain cutter that won't implode when I first try to use it.

A grinder and a cutting disk and you can have a dog shit cut just like mine😂 it did the job well, but in hindsight I should have put more effort into making it look a little better before sticking them on.

Preferably in the UK.

Besides the cutting tool, I would get myself some exhaust sealant (dunno if thats the correct english word :D) as well as some black exhaust spray paint. With the spray paint you can spray over the cutted surface so you won't have the cut metal shine through inside your new exhaust tips!

Thanks @Bu11eT and @r_anderson96 , so best way is to take the whole back box off then :D

I was trying to be lazy and cut them in-situ with a hand tool but if its easy to whip the back box off then I have a reciprocating saw that'll chop it all off easily.

Thanks @Bu11eT and @r_anderson96 , so best way is to take the whole back box off then :D

I was trying to be lazy and cut them in-situ with a hand tool but if its easy to whip the back box off then I have a reciprocating saw that'll chop it all off easily.

Yes I was considering the latter also, but thought it was just easier to remove the backbox! Exhaust hangers were a little fiddly to work with but got there in the end.

And ditto what @Bu11eT has said regarding spray paint, gives it a clean finish when looking directly at em.

Reactions: loafer-N77