• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Estimated Delivery for 2020

Chatting with my dealer (Essendon Hyundai), they've been quite open about things.

My last update that I've received is that the delivery date has been pushed from the 14th to the 17th, but that there might be some further delays. The facility that (presumably) undertakes all the compliancing is currently busy doing stock take - I'm going to guess they operate off the South Korean financial year, which is the Calendar Year.

This implies that the ship has docked, or will dock fairly soon. Once it gets compliance, it can then ship to the delivery destination.

Probably not so good news for all of us who are impatiently awaiting our cars :)

Hey LordPave, I got a really bland but similar response from my dealer yesterday.

They said ‘Hyundai portal is showing eta to us on 17/12’. I flicked an email back asking when will the cars be available to the customers and no response yet.

I don’t mind a Christmas delivery because for the first time in a long time I’ve got 3 weeks off for the holidays but I’m thinking it’s looking like January 2021.

We’ve been pretty darn patient for 5 months 🙃😆

Reactions: LordPave
Excited for all you expectant new owners hopefully taking delivery of your cars across the Xmas / New Year period. Trust me - It will be worth the wait. Even if there are more delays, spare a thought for the intended recipients of this batch of Hyundais:

We’ve been pretty darn patient for 5 months 🙃😆

I cant claim any patience whatsoever - you guys who've been waiting for months, I'm not entirely sure how you did it.

My order is less than 4 weeks old, and I'm already harassing my dealer :)

You guys have certainly got my respect and sympathy for having to wait so long - not sure what I'd do.

Excited for all you expectant new owners hopefully taking delivery of your cars across the Xmas / New Year period. Trust me - It will be worth the wait. Even if there are more delays, spare a thought for the intended recipients of this batch of Hyundais:

Thats a tough break - wonder how many of those cars will magically turn back up with unscrupulous dealers selling them as salvage titles...

Reactions: GazmaN and Kimi30n
Apparently the ship is docking today or tomorrow. So, conceivably, we might get the cars next week (?).

I dunno, the anticipating is both killing me and annoying the hell out of me.

Reactions: GazmaN and Kimi30n
Dealer just emailed tonight and said it’s here and she’s finalising a tax invoice. I’m nervously excited. Nervous because I’ve never spent this much on myself 🥶

LordPave prepare yourself because the bubble guts are coming! LOL

Reactions: GazmaN and LordPave
Dealer just emailed tonight and said it’s here and she’s finalising a tax invoice. I’m nervously excited. Nervous because I’ve never spent this much on myself 🥶

LordPave prepare yourself because the bubble guts are coming! LOL

Oh really??

Thats awesome news, good luck! That'll be an awesome feeling to pick up the car!

You've also given me a moment of pause, too :)

[edit]

Also, this clearly means the ship docked in Sydney!

Reactions: Kimi30n
Hm, that's interesting, last I heard from my dealer was late November with a docking ETA of 19/12 + however long it takes for compliancing/delivery, this was after you received an ETA of 14/12.

Haven't heard anything since, wonder if they're separate shipments.

Hm, that's interesting, last I heard from my dealer was late November with a docking ETA of 19/12 + however long it takes for compliancing/delivery, this was after you received an ETA of 14/12.

Haven't heard anything since, wonder if they're separate shipments.

According to my dealer, there's 2 ships - the first ship is this one that has the car for Kimi30n, as well as mine. There's another one following, that was originally due in the 1st week of Jan (but I believe is a little delayed).

You might need to check with your dealer, it'd be highly unlikely you're on the second ship if they're giving you due dates for this month.

The other bit of info that I got from my dealer is that cars are either marked as priority/allocated or not. Those that are marked as priority move straight from the dock out (presumably to the compliancing centre), where those not actually allocated are sent to a holding yard.

There's a lot of inferring here on my part (so use a truckload of salt here), but I'm betting that for a given shipment (lets say 1000 cars), where they've got 30% allocated (300 cars), those 30% go to the compliance centre for the requisite works and then shipped out to the dealer.

I'd also bet that the cars arent shipped to the centre in order, so it'll likely be (relative) FIFO for Sydney cars, where interstate cars are probably pooled and shipped when the truck is full. Again, this is all guess work based on some stuff I did with other fulfillment centres years ago.

[edit]

I think you should absolutely contact your dealer and ask for an updated ETA.

Yeah called and looks like January, or who knows maybe it'll be another month after that, the ETAs are meaningless at this stage.
Feels weird paying full price for a 2020 car in 2021.
Not gonna hijack this thread but to cut a story short I'm not pleased.

Yeah called and looks like January, or who knows maybe it'll be another month after that, the ETAs are meaningless at this stage.
Feels weird paying full price for a 2020 car in 2021.
Not gonna hijack this thread but to cut a story short I'm not pleased.

Nah its not hijacking, imo.

What car spec did you get? I know that the Shadow Greys are a bit thin on the ground for Hyundai, in this first ship at least. The second ship has a few, apparently.

Reactions: GazmaN
Nah its not hijacking, imo.

What car spec did you get? I know that the Shadow Greys are a bit thin on the ground for Hyundai, in this first ship at least. The second ship has a few, apparently.
Performance blue with lux pack and sunroof.
Bothers me that I can walk into a dealer and buy the same car in white and have it delivered Friday, albeit at $1800 more than mine cost.

From what I've been told it's not unusual for dealers to sell you a car and postpone it indefinitely until there's a loose car on a shipment to allocate to the order.

I've had similar issues, although mine are likely more dealer related. In August i ordered a micron grey fastback w/ lux & sunroof, was told a vehicle to that spec was built and waiting to ship and that if i put down a 5k deposit they'd secure it for me. Have had the ETA blown out constantly since then and been frankly dishonest, and looks like i have a January delivery, very unhappy.

In saying that i'm super keen to see pictures of all the new Ns once you guys take delivey!

I've had similar issues, although mine are likely more dealer related. In August i ordered a micron grey fastback w/ lux & sunroof, was told a vehicle to that spec was built and waiting to ship and that if i put down a 5k deposit they'd secure it for me. Have had the ETA blown out constantly since then and been frankly dishonest, and looks like i have a January delivery, very unhappy.

In saying that i'm super keen to see pictures of all the new Ns once you guys take delivey!

Looks like they ran a similiar sales pitch with me.

I wanted a shadow grey or white i30N fastback (LUX)
Was called and told they had 1 Shadow grey and 2 White in Sydney. Placed a $1000 deposit to lock in the grey.
Come in next morning at 10, told the grey is gone but they can secure the white
2 weeks go by, then get the call they couldnt secure the whites
Told I had to order in, I asked for the Grey and they said it would be an extra 2 months so I went the white.
Wife wanted me to walk away, but I didnt want to pick another car and in covid didnt want a 2nd hand one shipped to Adelaide (hindsight may have been better)

So I have been waiting since July 26th with rare communication from the dealer. Did find out my salesman had been fired.

I'm considering another dealer for servicing now.

End of year I should be out of the 2000 Laser into a Fastback.

Manufacturing of the 2020 models stopped in the third quarter of the manufacturing year, which is October the latest.

I don’t know how the dealership can be telling anyone a new 2020 model will be delivered to you in January of 2021. Hyundai starts manufacturing the next model year in November of the previous models year, which is the fourth quarter.

If they’re receiving a 2020 model from another Hyundai dealership in Europe I might understand why but to tell you one has been ordered from the factory for delivery, I’d be a bit skeptical of the dealership as a whole.

I maybe missing something though, when did you all order them?

Manufacturing of the 2020 models stopped in the third quarter of the manufacturing year, which is October the latest.

I don’t know how the dealership can be telling anyone a new 2020 model will be delivered to you in January of 2021. Hyundai starts manufacturing the next model year in November of the previous models year, which is the fourth quarter.

If they’re receiving a 2020 model from another Hyundai dealership in Europe I might understand why but to tell you one has been ordered from the factory for delivery, I’d be a bit skeptical of the dealership as a whole.

I maybe missing something though, when did you all order them?

Ordered mine in Aug, was built 16/9/2020 shipped on the 23/09/2020 and it still hasn’t arrived in Aus. Currently being given an early Jan date for pickup

Looks like they ran a similiar sales pitch with me.

I wanted a shadow grey or white i30N fastback (LUX)
Was called and told they had 1 Shadow grey and 2 White in Sydney. Placed a $1000 deposit to lock in the grey.
Come in next morning at 10, told the grey is gone but they can secure the white
2 weeks go by, then get the call they couldnt secure the whites
Told I had to order in, I asked for the Grey and they said it would be an extra 2 months so I went the white.
Wife wanted me to walk away, but I didnt want to pick another car and in covid didnt want a 2nd hand one shipped to Adelaide (hindsight may have been better)

So I have been waiting since July 26th with rare communication from the dealer. Did find out my salesman had been fired.

I'm considering another dealer for servicing now.

End of year I should be out of the 2000 Laser into a Fastback.

Mate if you weren't in Adelaide i'd be sure we had the same dealer, my salesman got fired too. I've only got one Hyundai dealer locally but i'm going to check what my options for servicing elsewhere are too.

Fingers crossed we've all got our vehicles soon.
Ordered mine in Aug, was built 16/9/2020 shipped on the 23/09/2020 and it still hasn’t arrived in Aus. Currently being given an early Jan date for pickup

Exactly the same order month and build date for me mate.
My former salesman gave a 31st Jan eta a couple of weeks ago, still chasing someone who knows more now he’s gone. Same bloke also told me the 7yr promo warranty from August applied, I’ve since been told it doesn’t and tough shit basically.
If I didn’t like the N far better I’d have pulled out and gone to Honda or VW because of this dealership.

Hoping the next few weeks goes quickly for all of us in the same boat (hopefully we are 🤣)

Hey don’t feel discouraged about timing, I ordered mine at the end of August and two dealers said 11 weeks to delivery. It’s 6ish weeks late but I’m picking it up this Friday!

I’ll be picking one up with the lux pack in polar white. I couldn’t think of a black roof/sun roof because I’ve had a navy car before and it was bloody hot parked in the sun. Hot as in heat 🔥

Super excited, nervous, jittery and thinking now this year has flown by.

Your orders will be in before you know it!

Reactions: Lawfulmoth