• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Estimated Delivery for 2020

Kimi30n

Nthusiast
Aug 25, 2020
Sydney
Anyone ordered an i30n in Sydney and know their delivery date? My dealer said 3 months and we’re a week out and nothing. Just wondering how much longer it could be 🤔

Thanks Dooom! Sounds like we’re in the same delivery group. They said they wouldn’t know until the cars on the boat. Fingers crossed it’s here for Christmas

I ordered a fastback 2 months ago, got told the boat lands in Australia on the 22nd of November, for early December delivery.
Also has the same initial ETA of early November.

Thanks albi000! At least they’re consistent with telling us early November. I’ll keep you posted if I hear different

Just be careful with quarantine, when mine was being delivered the boat had to quarantine at every stop for 2 weeks, so the date kept changing.

Fingers crossed they've already factored this in though 🤞

Reactions: Kimi30n
Hey nothing yet. My dealer only gives me updates when I email them. So I’m holding out until 1 December

I ordered an i30N Luxury pack over the weekend and the delivery information I was told was that the ship carrying the cars that was due end of November, is now pushed to the 1st week of December.

Expected worst case delivery date of my car, after all the relevant tasks are complete (Quarantine, Customs etc.) is the 20th of December.

Dunno if that helps any.

I ordered an i30N Luxury pack over the weekend and the delivery information I was told was that the ship carrying the cars that was due end of November, is now pushed to the 1st week of December.

Expected worst case delivery date of my car, after all the relevant tasks are complete (Quarantine, Customs etc.) is the 20th of December.

Dunno if that helps any.

Hey LordPave is that for Sydney?

If all goes well your wait time is about a month!!

Hey LordPave is that for Sydney?

If all goes well your wait time is about a month!!

As a bit of an update to my previous message, I've been told today by my dealer that the ship holding the vehicles arrives on the 14th of December (based on current estimates - this is the worst case date).

I dunno if this is landing cars in Melbourne or Sydney (or even Brisbane or Perth) - I assume its one or the other, then trucking it internally to the required destination.

My ship is apparently arriving on the 20th (Sydney) and dealer has said 3 day turnaround before I can pick it up so perhaps our vehicles are on the same ship and it’ll dock in vic first?

My ship is apparently arriving on the 20th (Sydney) and dealer has said 3 day turnaround before I can pick it up so perhaps our vehicles are on the same ship and it’ll dock in vic first?

Huh - interesting. The 20th was the date I was originally given, but that was revised down for me today. I wonder if the ship is docking in Sydney first then, then either by train/truck moves cars down to Melbourne. Maybe check with your dealer and see if they give you a revised estimate or not.

IIRC, hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can correct me on this, I don't believe large ships go from port to port to unload, as the cost to do so is exorbitant (fuel and port charges) and borne by the organisation who books the ship in the first place.

I'd guess its easier to dock, push all the vehicles through Customs/AQIS at one port, then use internal transports (train/truck) to move vehicles around for deliveries.

Probably more detail than you wanted :) I just really want my car already, so I'm thinking way too much about every scrap of information I can get :)

Nice Xmas present then. I assume Adelaide will be the new year.
I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow.

I long wait ... Great to be in the car getting through that first 1000km so I can hit the track days.

I checked this afternoon with my dealer and the revised date was 20th.
Yeah I ordered mine in august, it’s been a long wait

I'll talk to my dealer again next week - I think they're kind of sick of hearing from me about where the ship is.

I'll try to find out more around what the procedures are, hopefully it gives more insight into how they do these things, which could translate into helping us understand our likely timelines.

The only other bit of info I do have, there is another shipment following this one. Docking date for that is around the 1st week of Jan. Hopefully all of our respective cars are on the earlier ship though.