• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Engine Red Pictures

Spring has just about arrived in Estonia as well. Still need some green stuff on the trees but the weather is getting nice. Little sunset drive. Car is dusty with a mix of dust and probably pollen and such.

Also, the first picture is from the 'good side' at the moment... Unfortunately the left rear looks a little bit worse.

20190423_174305784_iOS_LI.jpg

While driving into my apartment parking lot, I have to wait for the gate to open. I followed another car in and that guy stopped, stayed standing still, so I pulled in behind him waiting for my gate to open. There was another car behind me and not moving forward meant the car behind me was blocking a busy road. I was standing behind the guy for 5-10 seconds, my gate is open. I'm just pulling in and the first guy backs into my rear bumper...

stripped.jpg

Of course, according to him it is all my fault. Shouldn't have pulled in behind him, why would I do that etc. I told him I was standing there for a solid 5-10 seconds and that he should check his mirrors before backing up. He claimed he did and that I was not there and he didn't see me. I suggested he go pick up some glasses if he can't see a bright red car standing 2 meters behind him.

Anyway, that damage will hopefully be fixed this weekend/beginning of next week. Repaint of the bumper part and replacement of the black plastic. I've yet to hear whether it will be fully covered by the guys insurance or if I'll have to cough up my deductible/"own risk" as well. The guy that hit me lives next to me, so if he ends up not paying anything, perhaps some nasty crap will start hitting his car from above every day (I'm on the fifth floor with a balcony overlooking his parking, and I can be petty like that if I'm in the mood, hehe :p).

They will also put on the Pirelli's again for summer and after that I'm aiming to get the car detailed and ceramic coated for easier cleaning. Might remove the Hyundai and i30 from the rear as well before coating it.

656BBE05-06D8-457E-8D5D-52CC38CB7498.jpeg

It’s back from the dealer, damage fixed up nicely. Went for a sunset drive again, couldn’t resist a quick snap. After the drive I de-badged the rear to leave only the N logo. Looks very good indeed. Still need to clean some adhesive remains, didn’t come off too nicely and I don’t have any adhesive cleaning substance on hand (didn’t really plan the de-badging for today).

6171C154-E734-48DF-89E0-6844FC551BB7.jpeg

DSC00946-2.jpg

Spring has just about arrived in Estonia as well. Still need some green stuff on the trees but the weather is getting nice. Little sunset drive. Car is dusty with a mix of dust and probably pollen and such.

Also, the first picture is from the 'good side' at the moment... Unfortunately the left rear looks a little bit worse.

View attachment 7099

While driving into my apartment parking lot, I have to wait for the gate to open. I followed another car in and that guy stopped, stayed standing still, so I pulled in behind him waiting for my gate to open. There was another car behind me and not moving forward meant the car behind me was blocking a busy road. I was standing behind the guy for 5-10 seconds, my gate is open. I'm just pulling in and the first guy backs into my rear bumper...

View attachment 7101

Of course, according to him it is all my fault. Shouldn't have pulled in behind him, why would I do that etc. I told him I was standing there for a solid 5-10 seconds and that he should check his mirrors before backing up. He claimed he did and that I was not there and he didn't see me. I suggested he go pick up some glasses if he can't see a bright red car standing 2 meters behind him.

Anyway, that damage will hopefully be fixed this weekend/beginning of next week. Repaint of the bumper part and replacement of the black plastic. I've yet to hear whether it will be fully covered by the guys insurance or if I'll have to cough up my deductible/"own risk" as well. The guy that hit me lives next to me, so if he ends up not paying anything, perhaps some nasty crap will start hitting his car from above every day (I'm on the fifth floor with a balcony overlooking his parking, and I can be petty like that if I'm in the mood, hehe :p).

They will also put on the Pirelli's again for summer and after that I'm aiming to get the car detailed and ceramic coated for easier cleaning. Might remove the Hyundai and i30 from the rear as well before coating it.
I feel your pain. This guy is not worthy to be called "driver". It puzzles how, to this day, with proximity sensors, bigger mirrors and parking cameras one might still have blind spots. I get that sensors and cameras might be costly, but the damn mirrors, they are not for vanity...This year alone, 2 people almost pushed of the road because they either had something better to do, than, you know, driving, or they had no ideea and interest on how to setup and check their sideview mirrors.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

View attachment 7099

View attachment 7101

Stuff happens, sorry!

Here are a few pictures of my ER i30N just after it was unloaded from the transport.
Just thought someone else might be interested in how Hyundai protect the cars while they travel on top of a truck. In the photos it's parked under a net because they're afraid of hail. A big one hit my city a few years back and pretty much any car parked outside needed every single body panel either repaired or replaced.
The car looks even better in real life. I'd seen Engine Red in pictures only before. They're in the process of registering it now so I should be able to pick it up on Wednesday. Can't wait!!!

Attachments

• 06B9707F-827C-45A9-BBE9-BA035716B598.jpeg
    06B9707F-827C-45A9-BBE9-BA035716B598.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 57
  • EC957716-4A85-4FC4-905C-116331A5CD69.jpeg
    EC957716-4A85-4FC4-905C-116331A5CD69.jpeg
    917.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 37C77E51-7DB3-4A12-84CC-E3C83F470A3E.jpeg
    37C77E51-7DB3-4A12-84CC-E3C83F470A3E.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 5FC4E1E0-071B-491D-A031-E6B2C607D013.jpeg
    5FC4E1E0-071B-491D-A031-E6B2C607D013.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 63

View attachment 7099

View attachment 7101

The fact you have uploaded pictures of the damage and you have mentioned your intentions of retribution here on this page I would highly advise against such behaviour as it is wonderful the technology the police have at their disposal who can trawl the internet to bring anything up in relation to a crime or disturbance. I know as I have family members who work in such areas it would surprise you as to how much information you freely give to the cloud data servers where the data of every computer laptop mobile device is stored and can be recalled if asked for you may laugh and say sure right well even deleting your post wont remove it as it will still be there for 10 whole years if not indefinitely and with your IP address well you have left a paper trail right to your very front door, just be safe. Remember big brother is really watching you and you have no idea how much.

Last edited: