• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Electric seat 'set' button

Thirdway

Mar 22, 2020
U.K.
I accidentally pressed the set button today whilst giving the interior a bit of a clean. Seat went into full recline. Ignition was off, key was out of car. This time it didn't jam-phew, but I don't know why it should do that. Anyone else had that happen, or can give it a try to see if it happens to their car ?

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Was the seat reset completely or set to a specific adjustment? You might want to combine this occurrence with the other thread you started.

It will definately help you and others find a common occurrence or issue much quicker. It will also be a compilation of present events.

Thirdway

Mar 22, 2020
U.K.
Was the seat reset completely or set to a specific adjustment? You might want to combine this occurrence with the other thread you started.

It will definately help you and others find a common occurrence or issue much quicker. It will also be a compilation of present events.
Cheer Veloster,

to clarify. The instructions for setting up for driver 1 or 2 are to position the seat, press 1 or 2, the dash then tells you to press 'set' to confirm the selection within 3 seconds. I would have thought pressing the set button on its own wouldn't do anything. Pressing 1 or 2 moves the seat to the preset conditions selected for each driver. Pressing the set button without going through any sequence puts the seat into a random position of fully reclined.

Reactions: R Veloster N

Davo01

Jan 28, 2019
South Australia
Just tested my i30N.

Pressing set does nothing except ask you to push position 1 or 2 to save the seat position. This only occurs with key in the car.

It does nothing at all with key out of the car with the door open or closed.

All the above is as expected/described in tbe manual.

Yours seems odd indeed.

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
Stupid question but are you sure you didn’t press position 2? That would move the seat like that

Reactions: Davo01

Thirdway

Mar 22, 2020
U.K.
Just tested my i30N.

Pressing set does nothing except ask you to push position 1 or 2 to save the seat position. This only occurs with key in the car.

It does nothing at all with key out of the car with the door open or closed.

All the above is as expected/described in tbe manual.

Yours seems odd indeed.
Yes, something is definitely odd. I shall endeavour not to accidentally touch it until the first service.

Reactions: Davo01