• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Electric N?

Tom Vanlimbergen

Nthusiast
Jan 19, 2018
Now that Hyundai is releasing the new Ioniq 5, it seams that there is no room for the most powerfull one, which does 0-60 in 3,5 seconds in its brother from another mother, the Kia EV6.
Would that leave room for an N Ioniq 5 with the same configuration as the strongest EV6?
Would be pretty costly, but I might be tempted, given the performance and range (plus rechargingcapacity).

Reactions: R Veloster N

Arteljus

Nthusiast
Sep 30, 2018
Sweden
Now that Hyundai is releasing the new Ioniq 5, it seams that there is no room for the most powerfull one, which does 0-60 in 3,5 seconds in its brother from another mother, the Kia EV6.
Would that leave room for an N Ioniq 5 with the same configuration as the strongest EV6?
Would be pretty costly, but I might be tempted, given the performance and range (plus rechargingcapacity).
Remember that Ioniq 5 and EV6 are compact SUV:s. They are a little bit larger. 20" wheels. But yeah! Ioniq 5 N would be very interesting but probably also very expensive. 60k+€.

EV6 GT use more powerfull battery than Ioniq 5. 77.4kWh vs 72.6kWh. Not huge difference so they probably use stronger electric motors or "less restricted" ones to get to that 3.5s time.

Last edited: