• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dzhedaj's Wife's daily Fastback

Dzhedaj

Nthusiast
Sep 1, 2019
Lithuania
Took a few quick snaps of the car and decided to share my N journey so far.

Bought the car in September 2019, a MY19 GPF Fastback Performance model.
Spent hours watching Youtube videos and reviews, but when my wife and I test drove the car it really exceeded our expectations.

I'm using the car on weekends/events only, my wife is daily driving it to work (or at least used to before the pandemic) :)
Have taken the car to a few autox/sprint events and one track day so far - performs beautifully and provides loads of fun.

Decided to add a few OEM+ pieces here and there trying not to void the 7 year warranty:

1. First thing I do to any car I own - debadging - removed the Fastback and Hyundai letters on day one.
2. Got the car ceramic coated on day two :)
3. LED interior and reverse lights. The W16W Osram premiums I installed initially in the overhead ones were too bright and would hit your straight in the face. So they went into reverse lights and the Osram W16W Standard fit the inside really well.
4. Side skirt N badges (resin).
5. Had to be patient with black front and rear H logos, but got them from Germany finally. So far they're holding up fine.
6. Blacked out front grille surround and the N badges.
7. Unplugged the electronic noise generator - feels as if the engine vibrates less, the impact is subtle, but makes the intake and exhaust noise sound nicer.
8. Pioneer sound upgrade - amp and speakers + some sound deadening material on the doors - finally can listen to something else than the exhaust note when you're not feeling like it :)
9. Maxton design front and side racing durability diffusors. The fitting instructions were next to non-existent, but the quality and durability seem to be great.
10. Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs. Would've liked the rear to be lower, since it's still almost 2cm higher than the front. The comfort wasn't affected too much though.
11. Motec Ultralight 19x8.5 in matte bronze. Complement the shadow grey really nicely :)
12. Powerflex yellow lower torque mount bushings - together with the Eibachs have eliminated the wheel hop completely. No noticeable increase in NVH.
13. Front lip wrapped in bronze.
14. Extreme VR2 semi-slick tires for autox.
15. Rear Osram indicator LEDs.
16. Rear Ingo Noak diffuser.
17. Rear number plate LEDs.
18. 114mm carbon fiber exhaust tips.

Yet to come:
Perhaps a dash of additional alcantara here and there in the interior.

20201025_180928.jpg20201025_181245.jpg20201025_181409.jpg
119586026_2867984043484252_1279112280230212779_o.jpg

Last edited:
Took a few quick snaps of the car and decided to share my N journey so far.

Bought the car in September 2019, a MY19 GPF Fastback Performance model.
Spent hours watching Youtube videos and reviews, but when my wife and I test drove the car it really exceeded our expectations.

I'm using the car on weekends/events only, my wife is daily driving it to work (or at least used to before the pandemic) :)
Have taken the car to a few autox/sprint events and one track day so far - performs beautifully and provides loads of fun.

Decided to add a few OEM+ pieces here and there trying not to void the 7 year warranty:

1. First thing I do to any car I own - debadging - removed the Fastback and Hyundai letters on day one.
2. Got the car ceramic coated on day two :)
3. LED interior and reverse lights. The W16W Osram premiums I installed initially in the overhead ones were too bright and would hit your straight in the face. So they went into reverse lights and the Osram W16W Standard fit the inside really well.
4. Side skirt N badges (resin).
5. Had to be patient with black front and rear H logos, but got them from Germany finally. So far they're holding up fine.
6. Blacked out front grille surround and the N badges.
7. Unplugged the electronic noise generator - feels as if the engine vibrates less, the impact is subtle, but makes the intake and exhaust noise sound nicer.
8. Pioneer sound upgrade - amp and speakers + some sound deadening material on the doors - finally can listen to something else than the exhaust note when you're not feeling like it :)
9. Maxton design front and side racing durability diffusors. The fitting instructions were next to non-existent, but the quality and durability seem to be great.
10. Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs. Would've liked the rear to be lower, since it's still almost 2cm higher than the front. The comfort wasn't affected too much though.
11. Motec Ultralight 19x8.5 in matte bronze. Complement the shadow grey really nicely :)
12. Powerflex yellow lower torque mount bushings - together with the Eibachs have eliminated the wheel hop completely. No noticeable increase in NVH.

Yet to come:
1. Semi slicks in 225/40 or 235/40 for track/autox events - the Pirellis really have weak sidewalls...
2. Wrap the front lip and n badge red pieces in matt bronze to match the rims.
3. Perhaps a dash of additional alcantara here and there in the interior.
4. Ingo Noak rear diffuser.
5. Larger exhaust tips.

View attachment 14079View attachment 14080View attachment 14081View attachment 14082View attachment 14083
Nice rims 👍beautyfull color/contrast😁
Bronze is good

Took the car to an autox event yesterday.
Although the track was very unfavorable for a fairly heavy FWD car (1st gear all the way, narrow track and couple of 180 degree turns), placed second in FWD, not too far off of the RWD/AWD best times as well.
And I'm one of the few running on street Pirellis, while others mostly have budget semi-slicks.

The Eibachs an d the lower torque mount really do have their benefits - much sharper turn-in, can get the power on earlier when exiting corners.
View attachment 14153View attachment 14154
Nice daily racecar...😄

20200722_212856.jpg
Got surprised by having the ECS10 delivered in less than a week from Korea :)
The install was very easy thanks to the pics already posted on this forum. Could not source a micro2 fuse adapter, so just soldered the positive wire to the leg of one of the spare fuses.

First impressions - (need to drive more to eliminate the placebo impact) the car feels less bouncy and absorbs small road imperfections way better in normal mode. N mode is also less harsh in rebound, tried in a stretch of very windy, but bumpy road, the car seems to lose less grip when accelerating out of corners, it's as if the suspension settles quicker.

And thanks to Bu11eT for a detailed explanation on how the module works, saved me a ton of trial and error :)

eBay or Amazon for the micro fuse adapter if you still need one. It's one of the most usable modifications available for both the i30N and VN. :) 👍

I think I posted the links in this thread;
or here;

Already ordered one, just didn't want to wait for a week for such a small thing, hence the soldering :)
Will also remove the huge included in-line fuse (it becomes pointless when it's already connected to a fuse adapter) so that the wires can be tucked away nicely and the module disconnected for dealer visits, just in case they need to access the OBD port and check the area :)

I used an inline toggle switch to disconnect the unit from the fuse panel whenever I want. So it will automatically reset to the OEM setting. :)

NO worries, the unit is made by Mando a subsidiary of Mobis and Hyundai. It's was developed with the cooperation of Mobis and Hyundai , so it doesn't effect the warranty.:)

Sorry for replying in an older thread, but I just wanted to say that I love the look of your fastback.

I've got the same vehicle: Shadow grey Fastback MY2019.
On monday i've got an appointment to get some new wheels, and I've been eyeballing the same bronze Motec Ultralights. PS4S's i'm probably going to transfer from my Peugeot 308 gti, they are almost new and the gti is now the wife's daily. She won't notice the difference between the Pzero and the Michelin, but I sure prefer the Michelin's. There is still a little voice in my head saying that I should go with 18" since they offer some more benefits at the cost of looks. I'll see what my order sheet says at the end of the day I guess.

Powerflex purple is also on the way, but will take a few weeks to arrive with the current UK situation going on.

Furthermore I'm interested in the upgraded reversing lights. Do interior lights fit the reversing light sockets without modifications?

Unfortunately doing <4k per year (and the value plummeting) makes no sense to keep the N in the garage, so it had to go.
The fun and precision you get in the dry - doesn't work when it's cold...

So here'a the new toy in it's preferred habitat :)
20211204_141030.jpg