• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brakes Dull scraping noise from brakes during break in period

Ok question folks does anyone know the correct sequence to bleed the system after fitting brake lines. I read the manual and it says rear R, front L, rear L front R do I have to do it this way also is this procedure for a left had drive car or right had drive vehicle any advice would be welcome.

Would be interesting to hear from folks who have performed this procedure already, with success obviously. HA!

Reactions: wisdotVN
The brakes are on 2 separate lines in a diagonal so if one line fails you also have another and also you’ll stop in a straight line you’ll also be bleeding from furthest away from the brake reservoir/master cylinder so yeah I’d probably say that RTFM assuming it came with your car was a good idea ;-)

I think those performance brakes needs break in period followed by bedding procedure. I will do it this weekend by doing a couple of 140-->10km/h brakings in a row.

Hi @PaZeRa did the sound go away? I've got the same dull grumble at low speeds when creeping through car parks and a higher pitched squeal when stopping at higher speeds like at lights. The squeal sounds like after your brakes dry up when their wet and they'll squeal once but this one does it all the time. Its not annoyingly loud and high pitched just super noticeable.

I'm still in the break in period with the car being 3 days old and a little paranoid.

Thanks @PaZeRa 👍🏻 Definitely taking on the just drive it part!

Hi, I have a small update. Only recently I drove my car by myself without my wife and radio on. My rear brakes still scrapes just as they were new. I will report this to my dealer and ask again about it.

Nevertheless, I have no manufacturing grooves and no other defects on my brakes. I did 2 advanced driving skill courses and one trackday without any issues.

Reactions: Kimi30n
Hi @PaZeRa thanks for the update. I’ve still got the dull scrap sounds at low speeds. High pitched squeal is gone though. I’ll hold out until I get to 1000-1500kms and out of the break in period.

Good to know no issues when you did your training and track day! You must have had a blast!!

Hi @PaZeRa i have the same annoying grinding noise from the rear brakes. Do you have an update?

So, the update is that dealer checked the rear brakes and they said that everything is fine. They told me that they had different issues with a different N in which front brakes squeaked. They changed pads as disc supposedly was fine. After doing 400km, after bed in, they started squeaking again :/

I guess this is related to manufacturing series

The squeal comes from the caliper and the rear of the pad. They didn't bother to put any anti-squeal on the pads. You can do this yourself.

But our cars are new and most of them does not squeal. Maybe it would help but high performance brakes can squeak if they are made from a hard compound. Not gonna argue
As I would check caliper too but our case is a different one

I had a Lexus RCF Sport with an inherent issue of squealing and this fixed it. Is a very modern car with track brake components. Doesn't matter or not if it's new or old, the sound comes from the same place. My VN does not squeal or make noise. Most newer metallic brake pads, are prone to squealing.

There's no argument here just information.

The Problem in PaZeRa and my case is not an high pitch squealing Noise. Its a dull scrap sounds at low speeds. Like sandpaper if you will.
The front Brakes are totaly fine - like every other car i've driven so far.
I never had that of a different braking sound in between the two axels.