• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Other Drivers door not working

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
Hey guys so I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the drivers door not unlocking in cold weather. I saw several other owners complaining about it on other groups. But today is the first time it happened to me.. and I must say it’s extremely frustrating being locked out of your own car.

Chris, There are two separate mechanism that operate the locking mechanism interior and exterior. The grease that lubricates the cables becomes very thick in colder weather and restricts the movement of the cables.

The interior mechanism is shielded by the door and insulation. The best lubricant for this issue is liquid graphite. Have one the techs at work, remove the interior door panel and lubricate the mechanism with liquid graphite.

https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/pa...ster_n/trim/front_door_locking.html?PNC=82655
resource

Reactions: BillTheButcher
Chris, There are two separate mechanism that operate the locking mechanism interior and exterior. The grease that lubricates the cables becomes very thick in colder weather and restricts the movement of the cables.

The interior mechanism is shielded by the door and insulation. The best lubricant for this issue is liquid graphite. Have one the techs at work, remove the interior door panel and lubricate the mechanism with liquid graphite.

https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/pa...ster_n/trim/front_door_locking.html?PNC=82655
resource
As always thank you for the help ! Should I have them lubricate the part outlined in red or blue ? 4C66A07C-021C-4F0F-A3B3-73C5066376CE.jpeg

Yes and all points of leverage on the handles and inside the mechanism as well. I believe there're lubrication points on the cable mechanism, if I remember correctly.

Yes and all points of leverage on the handles and inside the mechanism as well. I believe there're lubrication points on the cable mechanism, if I remember correctly.
Will do ! Apparently this is a extremely common issue with all of the Veloster’s that reside in colder environments and Hyundai will be issuing a TSB/recall. I’m curious if they will just have the techs replace the lubricants as you’ve mentioned above

Think I'm gonna start waiting so I can knock out a few recalls at once. I wonder if the earlier door latch recall already addressed this.

Think I'm gonna start waiting so I can knock out a few recalls at once. I wonder if the earlier door latch recall already addressed this.
It does not sadly... my latch recall was done months ago. And with our weather now being in the teens and it raining for the past week I’ve experienced this dreaded problem for the first time

The recall Is for the passenger latch actually.
Will do ! Apparently this is a extremely common issue with all of the Veloster’s that reside in colder environments and Hyundai will be issuing a TSB/recall. I’m curious if they will just have the techs replace the lubricants as you’ve mentioned above
It's possible but understanding most manufactures, I'd imagine they'll replace the entire mechanism.

The door latch recall I had performed previously was the drivers side, not sure which side this new tsb/recall is for. Either way I guess they need to open 'er up again.

Reactions: R Veloster N
I may be wrong but I thought it was the rear passenger door. Let me check!

You're both right it's the driver side door. I haven't taken mine in yet for either. I'll get around to it sooner or later.:D