• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Door handle issue

exactly the same thing happened to my N today, would have just glued it back on but where it fell to the floor the paint on the handle is chipped. Time for a trip to the dealer, show them this thread and see if it can be replaced under warranty!doorhandle.jpg

Reactions: JP_Irl
My glue fix done by my dealer literally broke yesterday. Seems to happen if someone pulls the handle and the door is locked. I must see will they replace this time

Reactions: YaxleyR
I have developed a technique when opening the doors . . . I put my thumb on the end bit and use my very dexterous fingers to open the door handle.

A legacy from back in the day when I owned an MG ZS 180. Very fragile door handles also. ;)

Reactions: GazmaN and YaxleyR
I have been reading this from time to time.
To me it looks like Hyundai is using to much torque to fasten the bolts
and in that way they create a hairline in it.
Every photo i look at has the same crack.

Yep torque too little on engine so they added it to the door handles LOL
Gorilla Glue did mine (brown bottle) and reduced the torque on the others.
ALSO
Grease the door handles by pulling them out slightly and grease the sliding parts. I used a general purpose grease and also did the locks etc. as last service they said they did them but they were dry....

so i just pulled off the doorhandle on the passenger side :eek: (also not a bodybuilder and the door wasnt locked)

i called the dealer and fixing it should be no problem under warranty (except its gonna be a while with this whole quarantine business) but ive been looking at the doorhandle and its end piece and i dont see why this would break?
i mean the stopper for the doorhandle is integrated into the actual handle so it doesnt bump up against this piece. and as far as i can tell this piece is just there to keep the handle from sliding out since i can open the door with the handle just fine without this piece?

Hi Mate
The stopper on the handle proper, catches on the straight edge of the little piece that breaks.
Not a problem when there's a locking mechanism holding it all together, but all the other handles are vulnerable.

Reactions: R Veloster N
Bought a i30 n line in jan this year and last night when I opened the passanger door the handle came off anyone else has this issue?
With the garages being closed due to covid-19 virus can contact the dealership.

Service etc might still be open as garages are exempt from closure. Worth trying them or at least ring Hyundai customer service so the problem can be logged.

Reactions: GazmaN

Service etc might still be open as garages are exempt from closure. Worth trying them or at least ring Hyundai customer service so the problem can be logged.
Got an email from them today saying they are open for service business, have parts, and explaining what measures are in place to deal with the current "situation".

Reactions: _Emma
Just happenend to my N today. My girlfriend was trying to open the door and after that the whole handle came with und ripped of the small plastic cover.

Tomorrow I will call my dealer. Hope that he can help.

Attachments

• E7DF9B2B-EF7C-4545-AB4E-1CF1D69E16E0.jpeg
    E7DF9B2B-EF7C-4545-AB4E-1CF1D69E16E0.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 95C4C7AE-CDBF-477A-99BC-A2A61034BBFB.jpeg
    95C4C7AE-CDBF-477A-99BC-A2A61034BBFB.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 42
Yay after weeks of not using my car it greeted me with this as I touched the handle.

full

The one door I never use and 18 months after another bloody handle did the same on the other side.

They have changed the process so now its a hours drive to get it "assessed" and a hour home to go back a few days later to get it fixed. 4 hours in total - joys

Yay after weeks of not using my car it greeted me with this as I touched the handle.

full

The one door I never use and 18 months after another bloody handle did the same on the other side.

They have changed the process so now its a hours drive to get it "assessed" and a hour home to go back a few days later to get it fixed. 4 hours in total - joys
Probably easier fixing it yourself if no damage to the paint on the handle.

Reactions: R Veloster N
Yay... my turn today. Rear left door handle, little back part popped right off... Let's see what the dealer says tomorrow.

From experience, was it fine to drive around with if you just pop it back together in the meantime? It seems to stay pretty well in place as long as nobody tries to open the door... I got places to go this weekend, and I would prefer to do it without a giant hole in the door...

I honestly don’t know what has happened but it started off with just the plastic piece next to the handle coming loose. Now the handle can’t be used from the outside as it’s come completely off!

I’ve managed to piece it all back together, and the door opens fine from the inside/locks ok etc.

But it’s been like that for a couple of weeks and I had just been avoiding using the handle, until I was giving the car a vacuum today and totally forget - full handle off again in my hand!!

I know I need to phone Hyundai, local service centre is nearby. Maybe if I stress that the situation is worse than it it, they’ll get it fixed asap. My guess - 4-6 weeks for an appointment, then the same again for the part(s).

Have no idea how this happened btw!!

Just rock up and tell them they have a look send a report off and order the parts quicker than waiting for a appointment for them to say "sorry got to do a report youll be back in another 6 weeks"

It's what i did and was a month without using that door.

Reactions: Crocoman