• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Door handle issue

Every garage is good till they get there money then they couldn’t care less.The way Hyundai dealt with me after my N was written off in there own car park was piss poor.
wait what? The managed to write your car off in their own car park?!!

Unfortunately yes it did happen Emma.Took the car in for an inspection it had oil in the header tank which was bad news in its own right.Another customer bought an auto Hyundai ionic only had it 10 minutes and put it in reverse without knowing and ploughed through the car park backwards into my parked N unbelievable.Made a right mess of my car which was written off by the other guys insurance.

@Manted :eek: bloody hell. That’s awful. I guess they just went ‘not our problem’ and didn’t bother to help or anything?

Reactions: Manted
Unfortunately yes it did happen Emma.Took the car in for an inspection it had oil in the header tank which was bad news in its own right.Another customer bought an auto Hyundai ionic only had it 10 minutes and put it in reverse without knowing and ploughed through the car park backwards into my parked N unbelievable.Made a right mess of my car which was written off by the other guys insurance.

Ouch...

And here's me complaining about a broken door handle.

I don't suppose the passenger side of your car survived, did it?... lol

What a nightmare for you @Manted

Reactions: Manted
Update.
General manager Chris Thomson @MacklinEdinburgh stepped up to the plate. Part was changed today for free, not sure if Hyundai warranty or not, but they did it anyway.
Unfortunately the paint match isn't great.
HandlePaint.JPG

Reactions: R Veloster N
They have taken that of a different coloured car, looks like performance blue with clean slate.

It'll do it's cost the customer nothing.

Makes me sick!

Last edited:
@MrDeeJay oh I’m pleased they helped out, but as you said that colour match isn’t great at all :-/. Why can’t they get customer service right?

Think I remember reading that door handles are counted as trim and not covered as it is a wear and tear item? But to counter that as they are used all the time they should be built to last?!

Makes me worry about the rest of the car...:eek:

So today I come to was my car and I'm happily cracking on through it when I open my rear passenger side door.

As I do this the handle comes off in my hand completely. The part where a lock would be went flying off and has snapped at the screw on point.

Happy I wasn't. I have no children and rarely carry passengers so the back doors have only been opened when I've washed the car.

Luckily Hyundai Warrington where superb and it's in on Monday to be replaced (would of been Friday but I'm at work).

Bet you had a right shock when it stayed in your hand xD

Unfortunately another piece of of puzzle that is Bad Quality Control. As loafer mentioned above, has happened to a few people. Weird thing to break though no?

Reactions: Mattymofo
Mine goes back in monday to be re done as when my handle did the same in October they replaced the part but damaged it refitting it.