• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Don't Panic

Mr. N

Aug 18, 2019
South Florida
It is amazing how things can change in a span of 24 hours. Not only is the COVID-19 reported in my area. But it is now virtually everywhere. This thread is not intended to put fear on everyone on here. Thats what the media is for. What I am trying to say is that despite this fiasco we as a species have survived worse events. Remember the two World Wars? Remember the Cold War? To all of the N enthusiasts here on this website I would like to say this. Be smart, be vigilant, be strong, and most importantly don't panic. Be safe everyone and I hope this COVID-19 nonsense ends sooner rather than later. đź‘Ť

Reactions: without

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Well, this virus in the grand scheme of things is minor. The Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918 killed 20 million - 50 million victims world wide, including some 675,000 Americans.

The H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic of 2009 killed; 575,400 people worldwide and 12,469 deaths/ US.

Typical seasonal flu deaths worldwide; 0.45-1.2 million world wide/ (USA: 20–52,000).

So in relationship to the Covid-19 virus, it's not to be considered anymore than the seasonal flu.

The average age of death related illnesses is 80 with underlying immune compromised systems. The morphology and pathology of the virus is that it settles in the bronchial system causing pneumonia in elderly patients with compromised immune systems. Most of the symptoms are very mild, including cough and fever much less severe than seasonal flu.

The freaking media is blowing this way out of proportion, causing people to have anxiety and has nothing better to do than focus on it.

Just use common sense;

1. Wash your hands regularly especially when touching public surfaces.
2. Stay away from restaurants and fast food.
3. Keep a small squeeze bottle of 91% or 73% isopropyl in the car or in your pocket and use it regularly.
4. Keep your hands off and out of your face especially in public. Think, you've got dog crap on them to help remind you.
5. Cough into your elbow instead of your hand.
6. Opt not to shake hands.
7. Stay home if you get sick.
8. If you are sick, stay out of the emergency rooms. Get an urgent care appointment or one with your doctor.
9. Stay calm, just be aware and add these few suggestions to your daily activity.

Other than this, relax and don't listen to the news and their BS. Don't spread your anxiousness or panic to others if you are. It your's keep it to yourself or talk to someone you trust to alleviate it. This will pass and life will go on with or without it. :)

Last edited: