• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Don’t want Advertisements On Your Browser???

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
For all those who are getting tired of navigating all those advertisements;

Try the DuckDuckGo app browser.

I downloaded it today and no advertisements and no Google tracking. It blocks it all!!!😃👍👍

Works flawlessly the same as there search engine.

c4bl3

Nthusiast
Feb 21, 2019
Germany
I assume that this forum is paid through ads. I don't like them eather but somebody has to pay the running costs...

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
I have no idea if it is or it's not. Looking at ads and not participating, is the same as not seeing them. If you don't want to see them, download the DuckDuckGo mobile app and the same privacy browser.

Teddy

Nthusiast
Sep 24, 2020
Germany
...Looking at ads and not participating, is the same as not seeing them...
The great thing about things like DuckDuckGo is, it's not just anti ad, its also anti track.
It prevents a lot of things from loading, wich is great. Makes your browsing faster. Let's others collect (a lot) less data.

Also the adds will cost money for the entity ordering them when displayed, they will cost more money when clicked. At least thats the case for adwords, and they are the market leader.

Most companies will do everything they can legally (and somtimes illegally, just don't get caught) do to harvest your data.
Why facebook had a revenue of $86B in 2020? Because they sell data and advertise on a basis of the collected data.
Why alphabet had a revenue of $181.69B in 2020? Because they collect data and use it for adwords, their advertisement service makes most ($147B).
Why microsoft is pushing cloud products and AI services in every possible way?
If a product is free - you are the product.

As much as I love to ramble about that, it's the world as is for a long time, and it's the world as will be.
Big data is the biggest money.

It boggles my mind how anybody can accept the mass of useless shit that gets thrown in your face when browsing without an adblocker.
Much better to directly support things you like or stand behind rather than accept the mass of adds IMO.

I use adblockers basically as long as they are in existence, and I think uBlockOrigin has to be mentioned here.
It's a shame that uMatrix is no longer updated, also a think I only can recommend.
They make the whole browsable internet a better place.
And the creator never sold out, ever. Hopefully he never will.

Reactions: R Veloster N

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Yes, I forgot to add the tracking blockers. Thank you, which is just as important if not more so.

I use ad blockers on my computer but there are few for mobile formats and pads that actually work.

Most companies sell your information to third parties, especially (Google, Facebook, Apple, etc.). They could give a hoot and holler about your personal privacy.
It’s an extremely large gambit and these conglomerates don’t care.