• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Engine Don’t do BPV-to-BOV mod

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
Just wanted to post this before people start doing it and running into the same issue I did. A popular mod on the VT was to pull off the recirculating line coming off the intercooler recir valve which would result in a poor mans BOV. However after attempting this today I found it does NOTHING. For some reason the factory recir valve on the VN is super quiet and even under full boost you get a tiny amount of noise but IMO not enough to justify doing this. Just leave this alone and purchase a proper BOV when they start becoming available. Picture posted below is just for reference Incase anyone’s unfamiliar with the topic.

Attachments

• 1290D6E2-D370-432E-94AE-FB49EF8E79E5.jpeg
    1290D6E2-D370-432E-94AE-FB49EF8E79E5.jpeg
    698.4 KB · Views: 82
Also forgot to mention while trying to do this today I found the clamp that holds the intake tube to the air box was loose. Which explains the whistling noise I had been hearing when do full throttle pulls.

Come on Chris, I thought you'd know better than this... lmao.

The lack of noise should be the least of your worries with this "mod", I'd be more concerned with all the hot, unfiltered air bypassing the air filter with the recirc valve hose disconnected.

Come on Chris, I thought you'd know better than this... lmao.

The lack of noise should be the least of your worries with this "mod", I'd be more concerned with all the hot, unfiltered air bypassing the air filter with the recirc valve hose disconnected.
Well that was also my other concern as well.But my VT recirc tube had a ton of moisture/oil residue built up in it and this one’s bone dry. Did you ever disconnect yours ? But What irked me is the fact that my intake pipe wasn’t on all the way and I’ve driven 1k miles with the engine sucking in God knows what since it wasn’t properly seated on the filter housing.

Last edited:
Good. It will force owners to get a proper valve if they want blowoff sounds. You wouldn’t believe the number of VT owners that have asked about capping the outlet tube or putting a filter on the end of it. o_O

Last edited:
Good. It will force owners to get a proper valve if they want blowoff sounds. You wouldn’t believe the number of VT owners that have asked about capping the outlet tube or putting a filter on the end of it. o_O
I remember seeing all those fools putting pvc filters in the recir vent hose.. then wondering why they have turbo flutter o_O