• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Dogs in the N

s.arhangelov

Nthusiast
Aug 26, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
What do the dog owners here use to protect the seats when driving with your doggo?
I have to drive my dog around from time to time and am looking for a better solution than just throwing a blanket on the seat. My dog only likes to ride in the rear seats. I've seen some universal crates that you put the dog in but they look like a hassle to set up every time. My dog is a Shiba Inu (medium size dog).
I'd hate to damage the rear upholstery. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Kobrah
Use a doggy hammock from the back seat.
Nice! Didn't know they existed. They do look like a pain in the ass to mount though. Especially for a 10 min car ride. I will research them further. Maybe I'll find one that doesn't have 6 mounting points.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Doesn't protect the back of the seats.
Not an issue for me. My dog only moves along the rear seats and doesn't touch the front ones. Plus no dog can scratch the back of the front seats as much as a human can. If I could get the i30N with only two seats I would. I hate carrying people in the back. I've tried wrapping the back of the front seats on a few cars but no film will stick to the plastic properly. So now I just refuse to take more than one person with me in the car. Only exception I make is for the dog because he doesn't like riding in the front. I'm so sick of friends, family etc doing "stupid" damage to my cars that I've started to PPF everything possible. Inside and out. On my Infiniti I wrapped the Piano black center console in piano black wrap because it heals when scratched. Even the smallest scratch makes me lose my mind. Sorry for the rant :D

• Haha
Reactions: Mightymoo
Not an issue for me. My dog only moves along the rear seats and doesn't touch the front ones. Plus no dog can scratch the back of the front seats as much as a human can. If I could get the i30N with only two seats I would. I hate carrying people in the back. I've tried wrapping the back of the front seats on a few cars but no film will stick to the plastic properly. So now I just refuse to take more than one person with me in the car. Only exception I make is for the dog because he doesn't like riding in the front. I'm so sick of friends, family etc doing "stupid" damage to my cars that I've started to PPF everything possible. Inside and out. On my Infiniti I wrapped the Piano black center console in piano black wrap because it heals when scratched. Even the smallest scratch makes me lose my mind. Sorry for the rant :D
Do NOT have children ;)

I understand! You might also, invest in the door covers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Dog+Auto+Door+Covers&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=doggy+door+covers&_osacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Doggy+Rear+Seat+Hmmmock&_sacat=0

afternoon guys,

this is my first post, as I'm not an N owner, still negotiating with the dealer, that is a different story, so I've been a bit of a dormant viewer.

however, I'm a dog owner with a large Labrador in a BMW 1 series, and he goes in the boot comfortably, to protect it, I've bought a custom made boot liner. (for the life of me, I cant remember what its called or where from) but its custom made and fits the boot perfectly with an extra bit to go over the rear head rests and extra material to hang over the rear bumper to protect it if the dog catches their claws on the paint.

its attached by Velcro all around the edges with clips securing it to the head rests.

I just used a towel at the weekend as he just lay on it but I do want something more substantial. I'll check the links out above

I remember I used Titan covers now, but a quick google search brings a company called hatchbag, it states custom made boot liner for i30 including N models.

I put our miniature daschund in a cage with a basket inside which sits nicely in the boot with the cover attached. I put one of the rear seats down so he can see us. I don't think he would stay put loose in the back seat and anyway I'd be worried about him being thrown around in the event of an accident. Not sure of the legalities these days of loose dogs in cars.

We get our new puppy in 4 weeks and travelling with a dog was not on the agenda when I got my Fastback N. I'd prefer to keep her away from the back seats - has anyone found a good travel crate or boot liner for the Fastback? I see you can get a hatch bag for the hatchback.

My wife has a Ford Puma but the shape of the boot is useless for a crate and too new for any custom liners to be in production.

Hey,

Moving country soonish and think i'm set on getting an i30N once we've settled.
Current car (volvo v40R) has a low-alarm mode which turns down internal motion sensors for when you need to jump to the shop but leave your dog in the car for example. Does the i30N have anything similar, or will a dog left in the car for 15 minutes set the alarm off?

I browsed the manual and couldn't see anything but just asking incase any owners know anything!

Cheers