• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Does the car save custom modes?

If you set the parameters in N custom, can you save that combination? If so how many combinations can you save? Or if you are in N Custom and switch to normal or shut the car off, does the car go back to the last custom parameters you had selected?

As far as I'm aware (I've only had the car a few days) you can only have one combination of settings in N Custom mode. It defaults back to Normal mode when you turn off the ignition but as soon as you select N Custom again, it goes back to the last configuration that you set.

Edit: Oops. Just seen which section this was posted in. I'm talking about the i30N Hatchback.

Thanks, it's probably the same system on both cars. It would be nice to be able save maps for autocross, snow, crummy potholed commute, etc... I'm at the calling dealers stage and I have not found one who knows much of anything about the car.

Thanks, it's probably the same system on both cars. It would be nice to be able save maps for autocross, snow, crummy potholed commute, etc... I'm at the calling dealers stage and I have not found one who knows much of anything about the car.
I doubt you'll find a dealer that knows anything. It does indeed save the N Custom settings. You have only one custom mode so only one cofiguration. I'd prefer if there were atleast two but I've learned to live with it. I drive mostly in normal and switch to N Custom when I want to be N-aughty. N mode is a big no no because of the insanely stiff suspension. I've got Custom set to everything in Sport+ and suspension in Normal. I find Eco and Sport to be useless. Rev matching doesn't work in Eco and the exhaust isn't fully open in Sport.
After you've driven the car a few days, you'll find what's the best configuration for you :)