• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Do you regret selling your I30N ?

Welsh i30N

Nthusiast
May 31, 2018
Wales
Hi All
I sold my I30N a year ago and now have an Audi S3 Black edition. I love the power of the S3 but it does lack a little driver feeling / handling that the I30N had. Also had several of issues even though it was an approved Audi from a main dealer. Dealer has repaired the car as the AC fault was deemed corrosion so Audi wouldn't authorize the repair. Replacement wheel that was scuffed before I collected it and someone tried to cover up the scratch, replaced AC condenser, re-gassed AC twice and tomorrow having AC compressor hoses replaced as one is touching the intake manifold so another re-gas. Cost for AC would have been £800 to £1000 repair and wheel was £711. Looking at the history that Audi printed out one of the other wheel was replaced along with the brakes before oit was put up for sale.

Bit confused by the post.

Are you asking ex-owners if they made a mistake or just confessing you made a mistake?! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jajodu
Bit confused by the post.

Are you asking ex-owners if they made a mistake or just confessing you made a mistake?! ;)
Hi
No I was wondering if anyone regrets selling their I30N. I miss some of the I30N but wish Hyundai would improve it.

Do you regret selling yours?
No I do miss its handling but the torque steer and wheel tramp I will never miss. The interior let the I30N down as it needs better seats, plastics in interior are poor quality and scratchy. The whole interior could be easily improved with a bit more thought. My AUDI interior is miles ahead but still the seats could be improved.

" I love the power of the S3 but it does lack a little driver feeling / handling "

only a little??
Depends on the version. My 8V is pretty good and the automatic gearbox is so nice. The car can take 400 bhp without needing to do anything to the gearbox or the rest of the car. Run on 18 inch wheels and not to bad ride.

Hi Loafer why the Puma ST ? Is the Focus not better?
Puma has just as much rear legroom and the boot is actually larger than Focus.
The current Focus is too bland and I wanted something different.
The PooST has all I need for general driving (albeit modified) and it's just cheaper to run and tremendous fun.

I miss the customisation of the driver modes and sometimes the noise of the i30N but I don't regret moving on. I never have with any car tbh.

I still like the N and it's definitely in my top 5 (or maybe 7) of cars I've had but the FL was too expensive and not significantly interesting enough to change to. Plus my Hyundai dealer really couldn't have done any less to make me get a new one.

Reactions: GazmaN

Yes, it’s the VN. Hyundai has discontinued it as well.👍🇺🇸

It's clear the S3, Puma ST and the N cars are very different sort of cars in many ways.

It's also clear that sometimes one buys the wrong car for his own taste.

I bought a 128 (the first reviews were very good and I did'nt wait long enough to have the whole picture) and, after only few months I sold it to buy the i30.

I suppose it happens to we all sometimes.

Any way, there are car for all tastes

Reactions: Surrey 911

Yes, it’s the VN. Hyundai has discontinued it as well.👍🇺🇸
That sucks...