• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Dirty N thread

I know I would win this contest right away if I go to Russia again in Winter. I washed the car almost everyday, but the car became like that at the end of everyday...
View attachment 5340View attachment 5341View attachment 5342View attachment 5343View attachment 5344

yeah you have definitely out dirty me! Damn!

I challange you not to wash it until March, lets see what happens.

by the way, i know you have snow but how come it gets so dirty? Doesn't fresh snow just keep everything clean? Like covering the dark slushy layers?

Reactions: Stash-N
Picture made a few weeks ago ;)

View attachment 5289

With best wishes from someone who was not caught by my security cam.

"<3 Have a nice day - your neighbor"

A few years ago someone drew a penis on my car tailgate, but being winter and dark and not walked around the back, I only realised after 3 days and wondered why people were looking at me with a smile. I thought people were being friendly!

I challange you not to wash it until March, lets see what happens.
I didn't wash the car almost everyday for an aesthetic reason. I washed the car because the car was in need of wash for a mechanical reason (i.e. uneven deposit of snow/dirt/mud/ice on the inner barrels of the rims make the car to vibrate and wobble pretty hard). I also had to clean the headlights manually, pretty much once in every hour after the sunset, just to see the roads ahead of me. And that's the reason why the headlights in photo #1 is relatively cleaner than the headlights in photo #3.

by the way, i know you have snow but how come it gets so dirty? Doesn't fresh snow just keep everything clean? Like covering the dark slushy layers?
I don't live in Russia, so I have to guess as well. But from what I've seen, the Eastern part of Russia usually do not get much snow. They do get snow very frequently but they're almost always very light snow. So it's almost like a desert area but very cold. And the snow falled onto the roads do not usually stay there (nor cover the road). So even though they don't do much of snow plowing, the roads are usually free from snow, like this. (EDIT - removed the photo)

However, as you approach to the Western part of Russia, which has a relatively warmer and snowy climate, you'll start to see some snow on the roads. (EDIT - removed the photo)

They're still not very snowy (compare to cities like Sapporo, Japan) but since there are enough snow, I guess they need to implement some sort of snow removal measures. And in some regions, they do this by spraying dirt (or the mixture of dirt and salt/calcium chloride) on the snow. So your car will become incredibly dirty (completely covered with mud-like substance), if you pass those regions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stash-N
Impressive. It's almost like you've had it professionally wrapped... in dust! I would love to spend a day fixing that - therapy :cool:.
Rally Estonia was this weekend and no I was not racing :p, just to get to some stages there were really bad roads. Going to clean it tomorrow ;)

Reactions: GazmaN
Was worse but the rain actually started washing it off was that heavy

Attachments

• IMG_20191207_174836_051.jpg
    IMG_20191207_174836_051.jpg
    636.4 KB · Views: 34
See you make the rookie mistake of using the rear wiper!
I don’t think using the wiper made it worse to be honest...I kinda needed to use it to reverse as the camera was temporarily out of action!

Reactions: GazmaN