• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out out the i30 N Bible Here!

Dirty N thread

Here is some dirt for you! Drove 350km to visit my grandma, and the weather was shitty as you can see by the looks of my car o_O View attachment 4377 View attachment 4378 View attachment 4379
Man I have been living in Helsinki for nearly 2 years and it gives me such heart ache when I see nice cars absolutely disgustingly dirty around this time of the year. And the sound of those spikey winter tyres, AHHHHGG!! I seen a Focus RS the other day in Vantaa and the only part that was clean was where the wipers wipe the windscreen hahaha

Man I have been living in Helsinki for nearly 2 years and it gives me such heart ache when I see nice cars absolutely disgustingly dirty around this time of the year. And the sound of those spikey winter tyres, AHHHHGG!! I seen a Focus RS the other day in Vantaa and the only part that was clean was where the wipers wipe the windscreen hahaha
Haha yes winter time is bad especially if the temperature is around 0 so the cars get dirty basically right after you turn the ignition on. Yes, studded tyres are terrible because of the noise and the fact that they consume the asphalt so quickly and create a lot of dust in top of that. However, they are necessary here in the south where black ice is found quite often.

Do you have an i30N as well? Are you working here in Helsinki?

Haha yes winter time is bad especially if the temperature is around 0 so the cars get dirty basically right after you turn the ignition on. Yes, studded tyres are terrible because of the noise and the fact that they consume the asphalt so quickly and create a lot of dust in top of that. However, they are necessary here in the south where black ice is found quite often.

Do you have an i30N as well? Are you working here in Helsinki?
Yeah I see what you mean about the winter tyres chewing up the roads, and super annoying when you're driving on the highway and the cars in front flick up stones on your windscreen. My wife and I went to Autokeskus and looked at one there and were thinking about buying a i30n (well it was more my idea, she wasn't too concerned haha) but it looked kind of pricey when compared to how much cheaper they were in Australia. Anyway, plans have changed now and we are moving back to Australia next month were the 1st thing I do is order a i30n there. I was working in Vantaa as a heavy vehicle mechanic, but resigned 2 weeks ago.

Yeah I see what you mean about the winter tyres chewing up the roads, and super annoying when you're driving on the highway and the cars in front flick up stones on your windscreen. My wife and I went to Autokeskus and looked at one there and were thinking about buying a i30n (well it was more my idea, she wasn't too concerned haha) but it looked kind of pricey when compared to how much cheaper they were in Australia. Anyway, plans have changed now and we are moving back to Australia next month were the 1st thing I do is order a i30n there. I was working in Vantaa as a heavy vehicle mechanic, but resigned 2 weeks ago.
Yes, all cars here are more expensive than in (almost) the rest of the world because of the car tax. As the new WLTP measuring system took place a few months ago, the tax for more powerful cars rose and the i30N got even more expensive :rolleyes:.

Hope you enjoyed your time in Finland despite the weather and hopefully you will get your N soon when you get back to Australia!