• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Digital Cockpit future? [Hyundai]

What also would be interesting would be to allow a SIM chip that's built into the car - for example, like a mobile tablet, the car would have a SIM / Internet access for streaming music instead of using the data plan from my phone. My Mercedes has this so my car apps are independent of my phone.

Just a thought.

I really think these things will be added in the future. Maybe we will have some "Hello hyundai" in the future. :D

I was a bit shocked at the end of this video. IT'S an i30! I hope we'll never this kind of ugly steering wheel.

I prefer the setup in the i30N with analog gauges and a small digital display.

There is something special with the physical gauges

something I loved about the Mini Cooper (new version) was it having older style flip switches on the dash, make it feel like you were in something more than just a car when you started it up and started pressing stuff

I prefer the setup in the i30N with analog gauges and a small digital display.

There is something special with the physical gauges
Same for me. The only options I really like are:
1. customizability of everys single thing in your car
2. this navigation thing like tesla did it
But I would never want some of these flat gauges. Sure they've said its a 3D display with a few stacked displays, but it would never be as sporty & sexy as our analog instruments

Reactions: Mr.Gobsy
wonder how long before your car has an option to clone your phone and work as such without needing a connection to you phone?

That is a thing of the past ;)

In my 2001 Alfa 147, there was a SIM-Slot (for credit card sized SIM) in which I inserted a TWIN card - et voilà no need for a mobile phone in the car anymore.

Certainly, there was no bluetooth and no USB but a MP3-capable CD-changer, a CD-based navigation system and payed (phone) assistance by the press of a button. And a really bad speak recognition system. I loved it nevertheless.

Oh sweet memories of old men... and the really near future for me will be a MG i30N hatch :)

BTW: all newly homologated european cars since april 2018 have a built in SIM card for the obligatory eCall-system.

Reactions: Mightymoo
That is a thing of the past ;)

In my 2001 Alfa 147, there was a SIM-Slot (for credit card sized SIM) in which I inserted a TWIN card - et voilà no need for a mobile phone in the car anymore.

Certainly, there was no bluetooth and no USB but a MP3-capable CD-changer, a CD-based navigation system and payed (phone) assistance by the press of a button. And a really bad speak recognition system. I loved it nevertheless.

Oh sweet memories of old men... and the really near future for me will be a MG i30N hatch :)

BTW: all newly homologated european cars since april 2018 have a built in SIM card for the obligatory eCall-system.

I was talking more it does so without needing either a bluetooth/cable connection or a sim card