• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Detail like a Pro

Bigbruiseral

So as some of you are aware i am a professional detailer.
I have put a this thread together to help people in choosing products as the industry is full of hype and the next best thing.
All opinions are my own and i am not sponsored or paid by any of the companies.

Pre wash/foam:

Bilt-Hamber Auto-Foam
koch chemie green star
Angelwax Fast Foam

Car shampoo:

Car-Chem 1900:1 Shampoo
Meguiars Shampoo Plus
Adam's Car Wash Shampoo

Quick Detailer/Drying aid:

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer
Koch Chemie FSE
Adam's Detailing Spray

Tyre shine:

Meguiars Endurance Tyre gel
PERL Coat by CarPro
Auto finesse satin tyre creme

Wash Mitt:

Microfibre Madness Incredipad
Klin Korea Wash Pad

Fallout removers:

Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel
Auto Finesse Iron out

Wax/sealant:

FK1000P
Meguiar’s Synthetic X-Press
Collinite’s No. 845 stands
Bilt-Hamber Double speed wax
Soft99 Fusso Coat
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

Ceramic Coat:

Carpro CQuartz uk 3.0

Drying towels:

Liquid Elements silverback XL
The Drinker XL
Woolly Mammoth Mega Dying Towel

Glass sealant:

Angelwax H2GO Superior Rain Repellent

Panel Wipe

U-Pol System 20 Panel Wipe
Bilt-Hamber cleanser-fluid

Wheel sealant

Gtechniq C5
FK1000P
Raceglaze nano sealant

Machine Polishers

DAS-6 V2 Dual Action Polisher
VERTOOL Force Drive Dual Action
The RUPES LHR 21 Mark II

All Purpose cleaner (APC)

Meguiars all purpose cleaner
Bilt Hamber Surfex HD

Wheel cleaner

Meguiars wheel brightener
Angelwax bilberry wheel cleaner
Simoniz Ultra care Alloy Wheel Cleaner

There are loads of products out there but any of the above i have tried and tested and can vouch for them, might make some of your lives easier when choosing. Hope it helps, feel free to ask questions ill do what i can :)

Last edited:
After a while with some of the products would like to give my 2 cents of the products from a totally amateur perspective and a lad that used to wash his car with the hozelock brush.

Firstly bought myself a Karcher K2 as was on sale - Verdict - Meh 5/10 all the cables and piping are a little too short but is small so easy to store and came with a free foamer attachment. From Bigbruiserals list below I have only managed to use some of the products but I have come along way.

Pre wash/foam:
Bilt-Hamber Auto-Foam - First experience wth a product like this but seems to get the cleaning underway quickly and gets the heavy stains off and you can tell when hand washing things have been loosened. No rating as I have no comparison

Car shampoo:
Car-Chem 1900:1 Shampoo - Miles and miles better than any shampoo I had used previously. Little bug stains that used be welded to paintwork seem to scrub off much easier 10/10

Quick Detailer/Drying aid:
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer - This stuff is a REVELATION. I travel alot long hours bla bla so don't have the time I would like to give the car a full deep clean with polish, so when I can only get the quick wash done a spray of this after really brings the paint up and you can tell it has some coating on it when it rains.

Wash Mitt:

Microfibre Madness Incredipad - Lightyears ahead of those hand shaped mitts. Feels soft, never feels like you are dragging dirt and is strong enough to remove dirt. 10/10

Drying towels:
Woolly Mammoth Mega Dying Towel - Really absorbant and still feels quality after several uses. Bought a second as I use it to buff too and is a bit small if car very wet 9/10

Machine Polishers
DAS-6 V2 Dual Action Polisher - Another revelation, used the rotary before and effed up a bumper when I had just ploughed into use. This thing is polishing for dummies and brings up a great finish. I can't wait to use with some of the better wax/polish that is recommended here but using old stock up. 10/10

Just thought I'd give a second opinion for the non pros here because up until now I was of the opinion that product was product and I def see the results from using the better stuff. Again thanks Al and I will give my experiences when I get around to other products.

As a final note, I fitted RallyFlapz to my car, really help keep clean longer as an FYI to peeps thinking. Not the look for everyone but I love them.