• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Debadging

That did not take long. I am starting to feel sad for the guy who puts the badges on at the factory. :confused:
If Hyundai read these forums he might be made redundant. (or she)

Reactions: Safcwarrior
For me the best method turned out to be: have 2 plastic tools available, I used a credit card and a plastic knife for citrus peeling.
Don't bother too much with heating up the glue it'll get too sticky. Placed credit card under top letter edge, so that when you lift it from the bottom the top doesn't bite in the paintwork. The process was surprisingly easy, the glue wasn't particularly strong.

Reactions: GazmaN and Stash-N
Stil thinkimg about the N.. not sure to have it like it is today. Now I think about tint spray for the lamps... but not sure yet.

asked my dealer to remove "i30" and "fastback" on the cars rear.

will look like this:
isnitexl.png

Last edited:
asked my dealer to remove "i30" and "fastback" on the cars rear.

will look like this:
isnitexl.png

I actually quite like the centralised (sp) ‘fastback’ badge on the back. I’m not sure there’s many I30N’s or in the future, Fastback N’s that will have the ‘I30’ remaining on the back!!

Our CleanSlate i30N Demo got De-Badged in the week leaving just the N looks alot cleaner.

Surprised a dealer removes badges, what if the customer wants them on? Much easier to remove than reinstall straight.

Has anybody removed the H badge on the tail gate yet? Is it the same as the Hyundai lettering? Heat and dental floss?
Yeah just be careful there's a lip around the edge and I ended up sawing away a bit of paint around the edge.
To get under try and get something plastic that you can get under and lift it up.

Reactions: Dan_bush27
I removed the H-badge on the back by heating it up and pushing an old banccard under it. As said above: watch out for the lip around the edge...

Reactions: Dan_bush27
Has anybody removed the H badge on the tail gate yet? Is it the same as the Hyundai lettering? Heat and dental floss?

Yes, I plasti-dipped my badge RATHER THAN REMOVING IT, and in the process of removing the excess, I managed to remove some perf blue paint as well :(

So I removed the badge and the rear camera surround, and painted the surround gloss black. Tried the badge in red, then went back to chrome.

red.jpg

chrome.jpg

SURROUND.jpg

Anyone know whether the H badge on the fastback at the rear can be removed easily like the "fastback" and "i30" badge or are there holes under the H logo at the rear?

Voila! Managed to get it done before the rain came.

IMG-0665.jpg

IMG-0663.jpg

No plasti Dip here. Instead I bought those covers from that DE eBay seller. Looks great and took literally minutes. Need to leave it for 24 hours to set.

Used a flexible guitar pick to remove the lettering. Worked just fine. I'll keep the i30N though, just for shocking people when they see my rear end as I fly by them.. "An i30? Really?!" :)

Thanks for the idea of using a guitar pick. It worked fine!

I just used my fingernails, it was really easy. Painted the H badge on the back *lost some blue paint around the edge too...but I will be covering that up. I like the red on black too. Might get a black N badge to even out the back...not sure.