• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Debadging

Good plate holder isn't so obvious I've learned... some delaers cheap out on the frames and they are really poor quality, like when you close the rear hatch or play loud music, the plate vibrates in the frame:/ So usually I buy a replacement anyway try to go for as compact and clean as possible... Don't think I would be brave enough to go with velcro ;) but I'm sure they're tested and good...

These look really clean in my opinion, have had them for years. Can be found on the Bay and Amazon as well.

plates.jpg

Reactions: asd
Hey guys. Something I noticed recently... My car came without the Hyundai letters on the back left. It just had the i30N letters on the back right. Much like the promo cars on their site. But I also noticed many i30n's have the Hyundai letters. Why is that? I'm from Australia, by the way.

Hey guys. Something I noticed recently... My car came without the Hyundai letters on the back left. It just had the i30N letters on the back right. Much like the promo cars on their site. But I also noticed many i30n's have the Hyundai letters. Why is that? I'm from Australia, by the way.

No Australian N cars were delivered with the hyundai letters attached...

So I debadged my car and im unsure if I like it. any tips on how to put the badges back on if I decide I want too?

There are 2 possibilities:

1. Buy new ones at your local dealer

2. Use Tesa-Powerstrips, clean the old letters, then put them on the tape, cut them out with a scalpel, try to put it back straight and at the right distance.

Good Luck..

Reactions: BadShadd and Mordog
To apply them, I would make a template from another car that still has them on. it should probably be aligned with the edge of the panels so that you can get it straight.

i will see if it grows on me but right now I'm not sure I think it looked smarter with them on. Think ill have a word with my dealer and see if they can put them back on.

Or take the removed badges to some sort of a detailer or garage/autopaint, I think they might do it for you?
It is of course possible to do on your own, but I reckon spacing and alignment will be a pain...
Having that in mind, perhaps when I'll be debadging I will first put a piece of sticky tape of some sort on the badges to at least try to save the alignment for any future case... dunno...

Reactions: BadShadd
Leave it debadged and replace the big H emblems (front and rear) with equally big N emblems. That’s my plan, anyway. Nobody copy me... :rolleyes:

Reactions: MerKaffe