• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Debadging

Simo

Feb 6, 2018
I was thinking I would most likely remove both the 'HYUNDAI' and 'i30' from the rear, and possibly also black plasti-dip the front and rear Hyundai logos so that just the 'N' is obvious front and rear.

Thoughts?

I found this walk-around which shows some of the rear badges removed...

@Moritz looks like these are your winter rims?

@Scottukl any inspiration here for your white I30 N?

Scottukl

Dec 29, 2017
C00FDD7C-8F49-4370-B767-29A084EE0F7A.jpeg
I was thinking I would most likely remove both the 'HYUNDAI' and 'i30' from the rear, and possibly also black plasti-dip the front and rear Hyundai logos so that just the 'N' is obvious front and rear.

Thoughts?

I found this walk-around which shows some of the rear badges removed...

@Moritz looks like these are your winter rims?

@Scottukl any inspiration here for your white I30 N?
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Removed the Hyundai badge already - surprised everyone doesn’t do this as it looks crap. I’m looking into the best way to colour the grille and rear badges in black apart from the N grille badge

Simo

Feb 6, 2018
Removed the Hyundai badge already - surprised everyone doesn’t do this as it looks crap.
You just went outside to take that photo especially for this post, didn't you? :D

I’m looking into the best way to colour the grille and rear badges in black apart from the N grille badge
Please report back with whatever you end up doing! Would love to see more pics ;)

Reactions: KR00K3R

Scottukl

Dec 29, 2017
Ha ha - I would have done but I already had that pic from last weeks sunny Sunday cleaning session!
I’ll let you know, asking the guy who wrapped my roof and protection film tomorrow what he would do

paul-h

Staff member
Dec 15, 2017
Glasgow
I was just planning on leaving the N badge when I get mine.

Seen a picture of a car that has that done on instagram, looks great!

Reactions: Scottukl

liam_b

Feb 2, 2018
Mansfield, Notts
Liking the plasti-dipped logos.

The Hyundai should have done the same on the rear as my focus came with as standard, just the Ford and ST logo and nothing else. So would have been good if they had just the Hyundai badge and the N logo.

Reactions: Simo and Scottukl

Scottukl

Dec 29, 2017
The guy who wrapped my roof says they will look better painted and sent me some pics of a Range Rover Velour thingy he's wrapped in matt grey with all the emblems painted gloss black. They look great so he's going to quote me for doing that next month.

Reactions: Danscfc and Simo

Simo

Feb 6, 2018
So would have been good if they had just the Hyundai badge and the N logo.
I've seen quite a few of the recent-model (normal, non-N) i30's around Sydney with different badge arrangements... some have the i30 on the left, others on the right, and then each of those either has or is missing the 'HYUNDAI' on the opposite side. It's like Hyundai can't make up its mind on how to badge the i30 at all so they keep trying different configurations. Perhaps we'll see a fresh badge layout for the N soon enough?

Reactions: liam_b

Scottukl

Dec 29, 2017
It was really easy to remove - didn’t even need to heat it up. Just gently pressed the side of each letter with a plastic spatula and the letters literally fell off! No need to touch the paintwork at all! The glue came off with them so just needed a bit of polish to remove the outlines.

Crocoman

Dec 26, 2017
Scotland
Might remove the Hyundai badges. Just a heat gun (or hairdryer) and dental floss will do it as usual?

Edit: just seen the post Scott. Have you removed both the Hyundai badges? Any pics?

Sorry, just playing catch up with this thread...

Scottukl

Dec 29, 2017
Might remove the Hyundai badges. Just a heat gun (or hairdryer) and dental floss will do it as usual?

Edit: just seen the post Scott. Have you removed both the Hyundai badges? Any pics?

Sorry, just playing catch up with this thread...
Just the Hyundai wording from the boot (pic above at top of thread).
Really easy to remove the letters and boot looks much cleaner without it.