• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Dealership fails again..

Big-Ed

Nthusiast
Mar 11, 2020
Scotland
Just a quick post about how a dealership can f-up a simple check.. again..

As some may remember a few comments in a post I said how my local & car supplying dealership managed to mess up a brake bleed bad enough resulting in a near total brake loss..

Well the same dealer carried out my 2nd year/20k service today as it was in a service plan with them (car has under 9k still but is 2 years old in a couple days), as part of service they said they had checked & topped up my fluids - I know that the washer/brake fluids were perfect as had checked them yesterday..

This is what my brake reservoir was like, at first I thought it was empty/low... Camera captured the fluid easier than could be seen:
IMG_20210914_155528 (Large).jpg

But no.. Its bloody overfull!!!
IMG_20210914_155522 (Large).jpg

So took a new sealed sterile syringe & took some out - took 1 full & one half full syringe to get to max line:
IMG_20210914_160652 (Large).jpg

Thankfully I should never need to go to that dealer again now!, also checked the engine oil & its a little over full, but car does sit forward on driveway & engine was still warm when checked - But I know its slightly over even when it will be cold..

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: GazmaN and Bu11eT

Big-Ed

Nthusiast
Mar 11, 2020
Scotland
Arnold Clark Hyundai Glasgow - Alexandra Parade

Had a courtesy call from them today to see if I was happy, told them what I found & got the usual how they are sorry & don't know how that happened..

I know how it happened, the monkey using the power bleeder to change out & bleed the fluid just left it as it was when he finished & put the cap on without sucking the excess back to the MAX line!..

Couldn't make it up!..

GazmaN

Staff member
Nthusiast
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
I know how it happened

the monkey

Couldn't make it up!..
If that was the worst Hyundai had done to my (and my wife's) car I'd be over the moon. I've been through hell with their incompetence and negligence over the last few years.

From what I've seen on the forum the UK and Australia seem to be most at risk of said primates. Folks in Europe appear to experience a little better in the way of after-sales service. Mine goes to a trusted independent mechanic now by necessity - they know how to properly service and look after what is an otherwise incredibly good car.

Superted

Nthusiast
Jun 23, 2019
Glasgow
Arnold Clark Hyundai Glasgow - Alexandra Parade

Had a courtesy call from them today to see if I was happy, told them what I found & got the usual how they are sorry & don't know how that happened..

I know how it happened, the monkey using the power bleeder to change out & bleed the fluid just left it as it was when he finished & put the cap on without sucking the excess back to the MAX line!..

Couldn't make it up!..
Arnold Clark....

You really should have known better, Parks in EK has a petrol head master tech who works on the N's go there instead that's who I use

Reactions: Big-Ed

Big-Ed

Nthusiast
Mar 11, 2020
Scotland
Arnold Clark....

You really should have known better, Parks in EK has a petrol head master tech who works on the N's go there instead that's who I use
When I bought my N, parks didn’t have any in stock & no lead time - AC had my car in stock & only reason it was serviced there was the fact they gave me 2 free services..

Will not be going back to AC again now that the free services are done..

Big-Ed

Nthusiast
Mar 11, 2020
Scotland
If that was the worst Hyundai had done to my (and my wife's) car I'd be over the moon. I've been through hell with their incompetence and negligence over the last few years.

From what I've seen on the forum the UK and Australia seem to be most at risk of said primates. Folks in Europe appear to experience a little better in the way of after-sales service. Mine goes to a trusted independent mechanic now by necessity - they know how to properly service and look after what is an otherwise incredibly good car.
Well putting my car out the workshop with brakes that went from kinda working, was told brakes were soft as the calipers would need to adjust as new calipers were fitted to losing around 90% of stopping power due to them messing up the bleeding after my rear callipers were replaced under warranty was down right dangerous & could have lead to an accident… I had to use the handbrake to stop the car at a set of traffic lights..

Still waiting on Hyundai UK to deal with that..

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GazmaN

mikeo

Nthusiast
Jan 4, 2020
SW Scotland
Well putting my car out the workshop with brakes that went from kinda working, was told brakes were soft as the calipers would need to adjust as new calipers were fitted to losing around 90% of stopping power due to them messing up the bleeding after my rear callipers were replaced under warranty was down right dangerous & could have lead to an accident… I had to use the handbrake to stop the car at a set of traffic lights..

Still waiting on Hyundai UK to deal with that..
Sadly... it could be a long wait :(

Hard to find a decent garage these days. Used to get great service at Border Cars over in Stranraer when I was running Fords. Sadly they went bust. Anecdotal I know. But personal experience is ultimately all you've basically got to fall back on.

The plonkers at Border Cars in Dumfries managed to over fill my engine oil at the last service (by a country mile) and marked all my tyres as being fine. Strange, as the outside edge of both fronts are as bald as a coot! Looks like far to much toe-in to me. Impressed? not! Not much coice round here unluckily, unless prepared to travel a fair distance.