• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

De-badging the VN

I have a feeling the back of the VN would look a lot better without the Hyundai and Veloster badges. Does anyone have any experience or insight into how easy it would be to do? Are the badges fastened in place or just stuck on with some adhesive?

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

I have a feeling the back of the VN would look a lot better without the Hyundai and Veloster badges. Does anyone have any experience or insight into how easy it would be to do? Are the badges fastened in place or just stuck on with some adhesive?
The Hyundai badge has two nipples that go into the body but the veloster badge is just a decal. Once I get some time off of work I will be removing the veloster name plate. Because it gives the car a cleaner look in my opinion.

Fluorocarbon line cuts and scratches clear coat, especially if you get to happy when using it. I semi-professionally bass fish, have used it as well a monofilament line for decades and it scratches the finish on gelcoat used on high dollar bass boats also.

Stick with the waxed dental floss and WD40. WD40 release the glue super quick and lubricates the area as well, so it pulls easy.

Last edited:

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Literally just did this a few weeks back with fishing line . Worked fine no scratches on car and it was 15°. Only thing that ended up getting cut is my fingers from pulling the fishing line too tight.

Sure you are, buddy. .
Yep, I sure am. Enjoy every minute of it. Check BASS Federation, and Honey Hole Magazine Anglers Of the Year, for the State of Texas.

Not your buddy, friend, pal, mate or otherwise. Those are the guys, I served with. I'm just another forum user, just like you. Try real hard to tone down the sarcastic, hostility, please. It's pretty obvious. You know; chill~ax! This isn't a competition, just friendly discussion.

However, all this is; neither here nor there.

Back on topic; We were discussing Hyundai Veloster N badge removal. You have your way, I have mine. Either works well but there are always alternatives that work just as well for others. There's no one way, does all, fixes all. You know the "spice of life," thing.

Apply clearcoat protectant beforehand, if you are that clumsy. (fixed it)
Why, is this something you have vast experience with personally? "If", is an assumption on your part, only. You know what they about assumptions..............well.;)

Just try to stay in your own lane bro.

Have fun!!

Last edited:
Please if you're going to use fishing line, don't go out and buy fluorocarbon fishing line just to de-badge. Use a monofilament grade line of around 10 lbs or less. It's thin enough to get under the badge, it's much less expensive, will do the same job and you can buy it in very small spools. This way, as not to waste money or the line.

Fishing line will degrade and become brittle, after a short period of time. This is why we change it so often on our reels.

Or just use the dental floss out of your bathroom you may already have.

Last edited: