• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

DCT now expected late 2020

It's been the last quarter all along. Hasn't changed. I suppose it will be a 2021 model year, actually by the time it's available.

Last edited:
I personally don't see the point in an auto hot hatch, but each to their own I guess. It does attract volume at the end of the day, look at the Golf GTI which is now auto only.

Reactions: Kobrah and Stash-N
I personally don't see the point in an auto hot hatch, but each to their own I guess. It does attract volume at the end of the day, look at the Golf GTI which is now auto only.
Yes, in the end it is all about sales no matter which manufacturer. With VW moving away from manual transmissions they are only risking losing a small number of enthusiast buyers in reality. Auto shifters can include "radar" cruise control and some other safety features that are difficult with a manual to say nothing of the fuel/emission tweaks that can be had also. The vast majority of the public want bells and whistles more than a raw drivers car anyway IMO. :cool::)

Yes, in the end it is all about sales no matter which manufacturer. With VW moving away from manual transmissions they are only risking losing a small number of enthusiast buyers in reality. Auto shifters can include "radar" cruise control and some other safety features that are difficult with a manual to say nothing of the fuel/emission tweaks that can be had also. The vast majority of the public want bells and whistles more than a raw drivers car anyway IMO. :cool::)

Agree totally, it is what it is. Having said that, it would have been nice if VW could have at least kept manual as an option. Now Ford are offering auto in the next Focus ST. Very sad but it will mark the beginning of the end for the manual for them IMO.

Reactions: stig_3754
I suppose it depends on what people buy the car for. It is a tool that will get you from a to b at the end of the day (with a big smile). I can understand that a daily driver, sitting in traffic where you are constantly going "clutch first, brake - clutch neutral" for like 2 hours can be a bit tedious... Whereas with the auto you can just lift our foot from the brake and crawl along.
Yes, the thrill of clutch downshift is real and the feel of that cannot be matched by just tapping a paddle. However there are people out there that do prefer it.

I think its fair for it to be an option as each driver has their own preferences. I just hope that manual doesn't get fully replaced like with VW

Reactions: Stash-N
I hope the N and Fastback N, as they are babies (age wise) comparing to their main rivals, don't get auto transmission as a "only setup". It would not make any sense to drag another great car to the boredom of the automatic world, at least make it an option like the Megane RS.

Reactions: Kobrah and rusty696
I hope the auto is simply an option and does not become the default for the N cars. There are plenty of boring auto hot hatches already, no need to add this gem in there too.

Not the least bit interested in anything automatic lol, if I’m getting an automatic it might as well be an electric car lol. But on the plus side I’m happy they are making an auto to attract more buyers and hopefully more aftermarket.

Reactions: Kobrah and iiNNEX
Most likely, it will 290 hp but it will all come primarily in tuning the ECU. Will it be possible to have Hyundai tune the car with the new remapping. Seriously doubtful considering it's proprietary in nature and will affect on the late 2020 models.