• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Suspension and Chassis DCT camber bolts on a manual?

jm1681

Sep 12, 2020
Phoenix AZ
Was watching this video and at the 1:35 mark, the narrator explains that the DCT N has -1.6 degrees front camber, versus -0.6 degrees in the manual.

This being the case, how do we feel about possibly running DCT camber bolts in a manual car? If the suspension and geometry is otherwise the same, save for the bolts, seems like a logical move.

Just thinking out loud.

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Camber Bolts are available for the manual and have been for a year or so. They can be purchased from several companies. I utilize them and will continue to do so with the Forge Motorsport Top Mounts. These particular SPC camber bolts give 1.75 in both directions

For the DCT, the extra weight is the additional factor for the increase in camber. It weighs 134 lbs more, than the manual. :)

Last edited:

Nomad17

Dec 21, 2018
USA
Haven't confirmed this but previously I thought I saw that the front track was wider as well, necessary to fit the dct? Maybe the camber is necessary to clear bodywork at the top of suspension travel.

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Why would anyone possibly want to pay dealership prices, for a part that is widely available in the aftermarket?

There's no question of warranty issues. So there is no advantage of paying triple the cost for a OEM part that is not as well manufactured. Just my personal thoughts. Camber bolts are an inexpensive part to purchase and swap out.

Also keep in mind, they may not have utilized camber bolts to achieve the increase in camber. It maybe due to a completely different modified part for the suspension. They have not stated how it was achieved. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jm1681

jm1681

Sep 12, 2020
Phoenix AZ
Honestly? I've been surprised enough times at a part NOT costing a lot at a dealership, that if it's an option to get an OEM part, I'd rather go that route if it gets the same job done.

In the scheme of things, like we've all said, we don't know at this point where the change comes from in the new front end. If it were down to a non-adjustable factory bolt, that ultimately dialed camber to a desirable setting, and doesn't allow it to be knocked out dramatically one way or the other, for similar money, I'd probably go that route 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just me perhaps, and of course all hypothetical. Really didn't mean to stir the pot in any way, just searching for information.

Reactions: R Veloster N

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
It's just a discussion. No need to make it more than it is. :)

Dealership parts departments as a whole have to raise part costs or sell them at full retail to pay for dealership overhead. It's just the common scheme utilized by dealerships and why you have to pay more for servicing or repair work.

97% of the OEM parts I purchase, are from discounted parts dealers. They cut as much as 40% off the retail pricing.

Example; just purchased one Fuel Injector for a member; dealership cost was a whopping $125.00 per from the local dealership. MSRP cost $96.00. Hyundai Parts Deal $71.00 and if you shop around on the internet, as low as $63.00. So, in retrospect, there's a big margin the parts department charge due specifically to dealership overhead.

I appreciate the table discussion and thoughts. Most of the time, there are better scenarios to be found.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: jm1681

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Check here for specs; :)