• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Dashboard Panel Trim Atmosphere Light

Have these in red. I really dont like them and I'll never use them in my car. There is an external high voltage power supply which makes high frequency noise like hell. These are not LEDs like in the description, these are EL-Wires (electroluminescence-wires - same as these cold light cathodes in gaming PCs)

I would prefer a real LED version, which I've bought last year. The problem with the LEDs is only that they look really ugly when installed. EITHER you use only the GlassFibre, wich makes the light not that "evenly" (because you can't install that in these gaps perfectly) OR if you use the "gap tube" (Looks like these interior decal gap stripes in transparent) it looks a bit cheap (at daylight, does not matter if turned on or off).

I'll upload a few images when I'm at home again. Maybe I'll give it a new search, but at the moment i doesn't "need" ambilight :)

Cheers

Reactions: thunder
Have these in red. I really dont like them and I'll never use them in my car. There is an external high voltage power supply which makes high frequency noise like hell. These are not LEDs like in the description, these are EL-Wires (electroluminescence-wires - same as these cold light cathodes in gaming PCs)

I would prefer a real LED version, which I've bought last year. The problem with the LEDs is only that they look really ugly when installed. EITHER you use only the GlassFibre, wich makes the light not that "evenly" (because you can't install that in these gaps perfectly) OR if you use the "gap tube" (Looks like these interior decal gap stripes in transparent) it looks a bit cheap (at daylight, does not matter if turned on or off).

I'll upload a few images when I'm at home again. Maybe I'll give it a new search, but at the moment i doesn't "need" ambilight :)

Cheers
Yea, i have on my old car BMW in orange. I notice too the noise, but after that i search a littlet bit. The 5V converter was the fault. When i changed to a better quality one, the noice totally off (or my ears dont hear that).