• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

Hey Dan, another Dan here! I have an interesting question.

You can feel the car suffers with the stock intercooler when it's been hammered a little and it's about 15 degrees outside.

Do you think having the airfilter where you do will introduce more heat soak issues?

Also because I'm interested! What exactly is your job at McLaren? The crafting of high performance metals?

The car is looking great! What about your warranty :eek:

So, its going to be tomorrow before we get mapping as the original down pipe bolts/studs have become a problem and have needed to be grounded off, new ones are being delivered to the garage in the morning, a bit of a set back, but the car was booked in for today aswell as tomorrow

I do love the look of the Inercooler.

Can I ask a question - how does all this work with a warranty repair for the car or just a normal service? Not trying to kill your buzz mate and I know you know all the possible implications etc etC

Genuinely just curious. Are we not doing a guess the numbers?? I’ll go with 347bhp and 483nm.

Those are very close to my numbers I guessed, Na I understand what you’re saying bud, tbh I probably won’t be taking it to Hyundai for servicing and using regal, they make it seem like you need to have main dealer service to keep your warranty but all you need is genuine parts. Anybody else go ahead and guess the numbers, I have mine written down as 342bhp and 475nm would rather you are right ;)

Reactions: guth99
Those are very close to my numbers I guessed, Na I understand what you’re saying bud, tbh I probably won’t be taking it to Hyundai for servicing and using regal, they make it seem like you need to have main dealer service to keep your warranty but all you need is genuine parts. Anybody else go ahead and guess the numbers, I have mine written down as 342bhp and 475nm would rather you are right ;)

Im going 337bhp and 468nm :rolleyes:

I do love the look of the Inercooler.

Can I ask a question - how does all this work with a warranty repair for the car or just a normal service? Not trying to kill your buzz mate and I know you know all the possible implications etc etC

Genuinely just curious. Are we not doing a guess the numbers?? I’ll go with 347bhp and 483nm.

Servicing is BAU, warranty question still the same always, you do not void your warranty however if a part fails and it had direct impact from a modification they dealer may reject you claim these a dealt with on case by case basis so you can't just blanket statement them.

Power im going to 329bhp with 461NM

Reactions: Safcwarrior
Servicing is BAU, warranty question still the same always, you do not void your warranty however if a part fails and it had direct impact from a modification they dealer may reject you claim these a dealt with on case by case basis so you can't just blanket statement them.

Power im going to 329bhp with 461NM
I’d never dream of returning to Hyundai with a (let’s say for discussions sake) a blown gear box, and even try and claim warranty after all of this. I look after my car and do not drive it like I stole it. Fingers crossed I’ll never have a failure/warranty issue. But if I do. Then I’ll take it on the chin, I want to enjoy my car, doing this makes me enjoy it even more. I’m fully aware of the risks that are taken doing this work and I’m 110% ok with that

I’d never dream of returning to Hyundai with a (let’s say for discussions sake) a blown gear box, and even try and claim warranty after all of this. I look after my car and do not drive it like I stole it. Fingers crossed I’ll never have a failure/warranty issue. But if I do. Then I’ll take it on the chin, I want to enjoy my car, doing this makes me enjoy it even more. I’m fully aware of the risks that are taken doing this work and I’m 110% ok with that

It was more people who have the service packs paid for so you dont keep repeating yourself haha

if it makes you fell any better your results will be the deciding factor if i keep mine or not for the BM lol oh have you ordered your lower front dogbone mount, i hear it makes quite a difference

It was more people who have the service packs paid for so you dont keep repeating yourself haha

if it makes you fell any better your results will be the deciding factor if i keep mine or not for the BM lol oh have you ordered your lower front dogbone mount, i hear it makes quite a difference
Yeah it’s already on the car

Reactions: Ozi30N
My intercooler was also installed today :) Im sorry but I will be more conservative regarding your expected power gains. Not more than 320bhp and 485Nm.

Last edited:
Sorry if this question is a bit late in the day Dan, but are they doing anything with the ECU? What I mean is, I could get a ECU remap and I have no additional hardware and come out with say 305bhp and 440nm.

With your mods, are they going to get right into the ECU and really see what they can produce?

As I left today the ecu was totally cracked off of the car and now enabled to be modified via the obd port while fitted to the car, they will run the car on the dyno and keep trying doffernent and new things with the ecu/map to extract the maximum from the hardware, my car ran 299.7bhp with just a tuning box, I expect more with the hardware and a custom map

Reactions: TarmoT and Crocoman
As I left today the ecu was totally cracked off of the car and now enabled to be modified via the obd port while fitted to the car, they will run the car on the dyno and keep trying doffernent and new things with the ecu/map to extract the maximum from the hardware, my car ran 299.7bhp with just a tuning box, I expect more with the hardware and a custom map

Really liking the updates and you’ll at the very LEAST, get a much better power curve with this setup. Looking forward to tomorrow and then I want head to heads versus Focus RS’s and Type R’s please over the next few weeks;)

Reactions: Dan_bush27

Can they lock the map so i cant be over ridden by another tuner or main dealer can you ask?

I would be worried about taking my car back for some work then them saying oh we upated the ECU with the latest upate.....Gahhh map lost lol

Reactions: Safcwarrior