• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Damaged my two week old car :(

Excession

Jul 13, 2019
UK
Drove over something loose on the road that has opened up a 2cm gash in my tyre, scratched the paintwork on the passenger rear door and taken a small chunk out of the rear lights!!!

I can only assume it was a thick wire or something. Couldn't see anything on the road by the time I'd safely stopped...

I've a £350 excess but I am assuming by the time I've had a new tyre (£250?) etc I may as well claim on the insurance. There goes my 9 years NCD...!

Not a good journey home!!!

J BOB

Aug 17, 2018
wigan
Drove over something loose on the road that has opened up a 2cm gash in my tyre, scratched the paintwork on the passenger rear door and taken a small chunk out of the rear lights!!!

I can only assume it was a thick wire or something. Couldn't see anything on the road by the time I'd safely stopped...

I've a £350 excess but I am assuming by the time I've had a new tyre (£250?) etc I may as well claim on the insurance. There goes my 9 years NCD...!

Not a good journey home!!!
I feel Your pain! ALWAYS protect the N.C.D when it starts mounting up ;)

Reactions: Excession

speedking

Jan 20, 2018
Warrington, UK
Tyre =£150. It's the rear light lens that will cost. Any available from breakers? The excess and - NCD and potentially increased premium because you have a claim could well exceeed the repair costs. Depends how much your annual premium is as to what the increase is likely to be.

Reactions: R Veloster N

Excession

Jul 13, 2019
UK
Excess 350, premium c420. It's a fastback not sure if there'll be as many lights around.. will check it out though before I claim.