• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Cup holder clips pushed into centre console

BurntRice

May 24, 2018
Australia
I havnt seen anyone else with this issue, I put two drink bottles into my cup holders (between the front two seats) and it seemed to have pushed the clips in the cup holder out of place. I dont know how I can get them out.

Would I be able to get the dealership to fix it for me? Looks like they would need to pull the centre plastics out.

Would it be something I would have to pay for or would it be free considering all I did was put a bottle into the cup holder? (The bottles were average size and fit into the holders although had some bumps on the sides so maybe the clips got caught?)

Cheers.

Reactions: Stash-N
I havnt seen anyone else with this issue, I put two drink bottles into my cup holders (between the front two seats) and it seemed to have pushed the clips in the cup holder out of place. I dont know how I can get them out.

Would I be able to get the dealership to fix it for me? Looks like they would need to pull the centre plastics out.

Would it be something I would have to pay for or would it be free considering all I did was put a bottle into the cup holder? (The bottles were average size and fit into the holders although had some bumps on the sides so maybe the clips got caught?)

Cheers.

I think you have a pretty good shot at a warranty repair. The holder is there to hold drink cups and bottles so you were only using it for the designed purpose. Even if you were a little heavy handed in shoving a drink bottle in the holder the little clips should not go bye-bye inside the centre console. Good luck with explaining this to your service department. They can be a little negative sometimes. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BurntRice
Someone (@Maverick ?) had a problem with the cup holder buttons some time ago that they were going to get fixed under warranty. Can't find the post though.

I'm not sure about 'definite'. If it's abuse / wear and tear rather than a manufacturing fault then it's not warranty. They could argue abuse unless there's an obvious fault.

Definite warranty job, although can you not get something such as a paper clip and get it in there and behind the clip and pull it back out?

That won't Work.

In my car the two clips of the second holder fall out and I try to feel where the are with a finger. No Chance, couldn't even reach them. Looks like you have to atleast loosen the whole middle console to get them fixed.

I'm not sure about 'definite'. If it's abuse / wear and tear rather than a manufacturing fault then it's not warranty. They could argue abuse unless there's an obvious fault.
Abusive use is not covered by warranty. In this case obvious signs of heavy marks in the cup holder made by jamming a cup or bottle in the holder would work against the claim. Using the holder in the manner designed though should be fully covered. :)

Reactions: Aaron_N
My car has the same problem, the dealer took photos a couple of weeks ago and I'm waiting on replacement parts to arrive.

Reactions: Stash-N
Mine have just been pushed inside the middle tunnel, which had to be "opened" to get them out and reattach them.

I suggested the same, but the dealer seemed to think that it would just happen again. He asked Hyundai for better solution, I'm guessing that there won't be one, but worth to wait and see if they come up with anything.

I had this happen today - didn't notice one had broken off until it got stuck under the handbrake adjuster.….

I only put cups in there, will try for warranty repair.

Today this happened to mine. Have only used the holder a couple of times. Usually just put key in there. When retrieving key today I caught the button with my hand and it disappeared inside the console. First service in a couple of weeks, will ask them to look at it,