• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Crisp.i30's Hatchback N ... Few Cheeky Mods...

turbo.i30n

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
www.instagram.com
Either way it looks great. IMO, Hyundai needs to offer this color as an option. 👍

Really like the vents as well, just can't bring myself to cut the hood, so I suppose it will be a CF hood replacement with vents. :)

I didn't cut my bonnet haha. I got a fibreglass one made with carbon vents.

There is a carbon Fibre version though.

I hope Hyundai don't release this colour

Reactions: R Veloster N

Vik31

Feb 22, 2021
Perth, WA
No worries, what I meant was just sending that plastic bit up. But honestly if you can't cut it just remove it, it doesn't affect it. There was testing done.

I am going to try a BOV Blanking plate, so if I like that then I'll remove the GFB and sell it. No point having it on there if it's not doing anything. I'll know probably by the end of the weekend.
Hey @turbo.i30n just wondering if you re-fitted the GFB? I bought one and am tryingto figure out how to route the wiring from the engine bay to the inside. Would you have nay photos so that i can wrap my head around it?

turbo.i30n

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
www.instagram.com
Hey @turbo.i30n just wondering if you re-fitted the GFB? I bought one and am tryingto figure out how to route the wiring from the engine bay to the inside. Would you have nay photos so that i can wrap my head around it?
Hey Mate,

Yeah I did fit the GFB back on.

I routed the cable pretty much straight up onto the existing wire loom for the charge pipe sensor then followed it back around to the drivers side of the car.

Note I am in Australia so this is on the Right Hand Side of the vehicle. Here is a picture roughly showing when you take the engine cover off you should see there is a way to go all the way, then it gets fed through the firewall.

Sorry I can't take pictures of my actual car at the moment as its currently in the body shop due to some idiot reversing into my drivers side rear door / quarter panel. >___>

Attachments

Vik31

Feb 22, 2021
Perth, WA
Hey Mate,

Yeah I did fit the GFB back on.

I routed the cable pretty much straight up onto the existing wire loom for the charge pipe sensor then followed it back around to the drivers side of the car.

Note I am in Australia so this is on the Right Hand Side of the vehicle. Here is a picture roughly showing when you take the engine cover off you should see there is a way to go all the way, then it gets fed through the firewall.

Sorry I can't take pictures of my actual car at the moment as its currently in the body shop due to some idiot reversing into my drivers side rear door / quarter panel. >___>
Thanks mate,

That pic clears it all up for me. Im in Perth so RHD as well for me. Did you have to puncture a hole through the fire wall grommet to feed the wire?

My car is going in next week for a rear bumper replacement as well so I feel you man.

turbo.i30n

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
www.instagram.com
Thanks mate,

That pic clears it all up for me. Im in Perth so RHD as well for me. Did you have to puncture a hole through the fire wall grommet to feed the wire?

My car is going in next week for a rear bumper replacement as well so I feel you man.

No I went through the bonnet latch cable hole. Its not the easiest task but I got there.

Pull the Grommet out, feed the plug through it then through the hole, pull cable up through bonnet, make sure you leave enough room to mount the controller somewhere accessible.

Re-insert grommet.

Its a tight and annoying area to be in at the footwell, prepare for cramps XD.

They have had my car since Easter now. Its a bit shit house.
Then I have to wait 6 additional weeks after I get it back before I can re-wrap the damaged parts due to paint fume leakage.

Pain in the ass if you ask me.

Vik31

Feb 22, 2021
Perth, WA
No I went through the bonnet latch cable hole. Its not the easiest task but I got there.

Pull the Grommet out, feed the plug through it then through the hole, pull cable up through bonnet, make sure you leave enough room to mount the controller somewhere accessible.

Re-insert grommet.

Its a tight and annoying area to be in at the footwell, prepare for cramps XD.

They have had my car since Easter now. Its a bit shit house.
Then I have to wait 6 additional weeks after I get it back before I can re-wrap the damaged parts due to paint fume leakage.

Pain in the ass if you ask me.
I feel you man, I have been driving around with a busted tail end for the past 8 weeks waiting for a replacement bumper to arrive. My car is finally going in on the coming Monday for repairs.

Guess i will be stuck in the footwell once she is back out fitting the GFB!

On a side note, which fuse did you tap into to power the GFB?

turbo.i30n

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
www.instagram.com
I feel you man, I have been driving around with a busted tail end for the past 8 weeks waiting for a replacement bumper to arrive. My car is finally going in on the coming Monday for repairs.

Guess i will be stuck in the footwell once she is back out fitting the GFB!

On a side note, which fuse did you tap into to power the GFB?

Yeah Mine wasn't drive-able.
I have had a piece of shit Corolla for over a month now.

Uhmm I can't exactly remember, I want to say it was like middle bottom.

Because I have tapped for Dashcam, GFB, Electronic Boost Gauge, I am not sure which of each one is XD

Reactions: Vik31