• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Crisp.i30's Hatchback N ... Few Cheeky Mods...

Verric

Nthusiast
Oct 1, 2019
Melbourne
Thanks for the offer, I greatly appreciate it. I'll give it a shot, and I'll see how it goes.
As an aside I saw in your installed list, you are thinking of removing the GFB blow off and putting the stock back on. Was just curious why.
Thanks

turbo.i30n

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
www.instagram.com
Thanks for the offer, I greatly appreciate it. I'll give it a shot, and I'll see how it goes.
As an aside I saw in your installed list, you are thinking of removing the GFB blow off and putting the stock back on. Was just curious why.
Thanks
No worries, what I meant was just sending that plastic bit up. But honestly if you can't cut it just remove it, it doesn't affect it. There was testing done.

I am going to try a BOV Blanking plate, so if I like that then I'll remove the GFB and sell it. No point having it on there if it's not doing anything. I'll know probably by the end of the weekend.

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
I don't know if I'd actually do this ^. I'd thing about it and do a bit of research before hand.

The BOV's main purpose is to take the load off the turbocharger when the throttle is suddenly closed. The reason you want this pressure released is that the pressure can back up inside the intake pipe and into the compressor wheel, which will come to a halt against the pressurized air. (The phenomenon where the turbo blade stalls against this pressure is called "compressor surge," and it has a distinctive chuffing sound.) This can hurt the turbo bearings and slow spool-up when you get back on the gas.

With this particular small turbo, the problem is exacerbated and will lead to the turbo life being vast reduced and eventual an abrupt failure. :)

Reactions: turbo.i30n

turbo.i30n

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
www.instagram.com
UPDATE 25.09.2020;

Cosmetic Updates:

• Likewise Daytona Shifter and The Rod Steward Jr [[ Installed ]]
  • Sequential Indicators Upgraded [[ Installed ]]
  • Metal "N" Skirt Badges [[ Received ]] - Not installed Yet
  • Blackout "N" Badge Covers Front / Rear [[ TBA ]]
  • Custom Headlights [[ On Hold ]]
    • Ran into an issue with headlight disassembly and initial design, waiting for new stock to arrive which will create a more visually appealing and achievable custom light.

• WORK ZR10 19x8.5 +45 Rims [[ Backorder ]]
  • WORK RS M12 x 1.5 Lugs in Red [[ Backorder ]]
  • WORK RED Valves [[ Backorder ]]
  • WORK MCO Racing Centre Caps [[ Backorder ]]
  • Maxton Design Front Racing Splitter Splitter [[ Backorder ]]
  • Maxton Design Spoiler Cap V.2 Gloss Black [[ Backorder ]]
  • N Garage Fiberglass Bonnet w/ Carbon Fiber Vents [[ TBA ]]
  • Rally Armor Mud Flaps [[ TBA ]]

• i30N Gas Spring Bonnet Lifter [[ In Development ]]
    • Dynomotive Australia is working to develop a more affordable and accessible option to the UK model.

Performance Updates:
  • JB4 Piggyback Tuner / Bluetooth Module [[ Removed & Sold ]]
  • Uni-X ECU + Canbus Connectivity & Live Dyno [[ Scheduled ]]
    • This is ready to go, but waiting for the rest of my bolt on mods to arrive before I proceed.
  • Forge i30N Dual Catch Can & Expansion Tank [[ Installed ]]
  • Forge i30N Silicon Hose Upgrade Kit - RED [[ Installed ]]
  • 3D Motorsports Bigmouth Air Intake Snorkel [[ Installed ]]
  • Dynomotive 3" Steel Dump Pipe w/ Cat & Race Flex Join [[ Received ]] - Not Installed Yet
  • Forge Upgraded Intercooler Kit [[ In Transit ]]
  • Forge Turbo Inlet Adaptor [[ In Transit ]]
  • Forge Boost Pipe [[ Backorder ]]
    • Quality Control issue and material shortage pushed this back to October ETA

• Whiteline 25mm Lowering Springs [[ Backorder ]] - 4-6 weeks
  • Whiteline Front & Rear Sway Bar Kit [[ Backorder ]] - 4-6 weeks
  • Whiteline KDT970 - Front Engine Torque Bushing Kit [[ Backorder ]] - 4-6 weeks
  • High Flow Turbo Upgrade [[ TBA ]]
    • Weighing up my options for this. Performance / Cost wise. Currently cheapest option is to have my own turbo upgraded apposed to purchasing a pre-upgraded or bolt on option. Issue is I would likely be without my car for about 1-2 weeks.

I will have some updated pictures soon of the car and upload them here accordingly!

turbo.i30n

Nthusiast
Jun 15, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
www.instagram.com
Where'd you get those and how much were they? :D
Hey Bro,

I had them custom done for me, (original indicators) - Just opened up, new LED stripping and he still kept the old stuff in there because there is heaps of room.

The look good, just need to get some resisters as I have hyper flashing at the moment.

You can see the indicators HERE

They were made by @stocksuckscustoms - You can contact him directly for a quotation as I do not want to give you incorrect pricing.

He will be doing my headlights too, just waiting for some stock to arrive as we had to change the design due to unforeseen issues when developing looking from the outside.

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Either way it looks great. IMO, Hyundai needs to offer this color as an option. 👍

Really like the vents as well, just can't bring myself to cut the hood, so I suppose it will be a CF hood replacement with vents. :)