• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brakes Compatible Braided Brake Lines?

Anyone know if there's any kits for braided brake lines out there for the Veloster N? Found a set for the i30N and figured the brakes should be identical, but no way to know for sure without comparing part numbers.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 5.11.17 PM.png

II bought it from Forge for my I30N, and all is super except for the join on chassis I had to make a little improvisation (nothing terrible) and everything else was great, I immediately changed the brake oil and put the Motul RBF660

II bought it from Forge for my I30N, and all is super except for the join on chassis I had to make a little improvisation (nothing terrible) and everything else was great, I immediately changed the brake oil and put the Motul RBF660

What was the issue? fitting the bracket to the hub?
Also, is the brake feel noticeably increased?

Cygnus X-1

The Forge kit for the i30N should work fine, but nobody has tried it on a VN (yet).

In the meantime, switching to a racing DOT4 fluid will help a lot. Don’t get caught up in the DOT 5.1 hype... All of the best racing brake fluids are DOT4.

In case you’re wondering, the absolute best racing brake fluid available is Castrol React SRF. I like Red Line RL-600 as it’s reasonable in cost. Just make sure you get two 16-16.9 oz. bottles and fully flush the OEM garbage completely out.

While having a high dry boiling point is great, even more important is the wet boiling point, since water content increases in fluid over time. Pick a fluid that has a wet boiling point of close to 400°F or higher.

The problem was here, the shape is not the same as the original, soo a plastic cable tie solve the problem :cool:

I know for Castrol SRF I use it when I was racing, but for road and track day car Motul is just fine, I use 1,5l for full flush the system ;)

The Forge kit for the i30N should work fine, but nobody has tried it on a VN (yet).

In the meantime, switching to a racing DOT4 fluid will help a lot. Don’t get caught up in the DOT 5.1 hype... All of the best racing brake fluids are DOT4.

In case you’re wondering, the absolute best racing brake fluid available is Castrol React SRF. I like Red Line RL-600 as it’s reasonable in cost. Just make sure you get two 16-16.9 oz. bottles and fully flush the OEM garbage completely out.

While having a high dry boiling point is great, even more important is the wet boiling point, since water content increases in fluid over time. Pick a fluid that has a wet boiling point of close to 400°F or higher.

Yeah, its a matter of time before people start trying stuff, someone has to be the first person, right?

Good point about wet boiling temp. Ill try it out this summer at a few track days and autocross and probably swap it out midway through after I've used the car a few times (still snow and ice here until just yesterday)

Cygnus X-1

I meant you should change the fluid now and see if that’s enough to satisfy you, before getting a line kit. I swapped it out and feel no need to get lines at all, meaning funds can go towards other things the car needs.

The problem was here, the shape is not the same as the original, soo a plastic cable tie solve the problem :cool:

I know for Castrol SRF I use it when I was racing, but for road and track day car Motul is just fine, I use 1,5l for full flush the system ;)

Ok so nothing too bad fitment wise. Good to know!

Since you and Cygnus both mentioned Castrol SRF ill definitely look into it.

I meant you should change the fluid now and see if that’s enough to satisfy you, before getting a line kit. I swapped it out and feel no need to get lines at all, meaning funds can go towards other things the car needs.

Yeah, honestly I haven't even had a chance to push the car and see how it feels, but I just know brake fluid will most likely be one of the things I need to do.

Yeah exactly, save myself at least 250$ Canadian + whatever duty on top of that.