• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning COBB Support

PB VN

Mar 20, 2019
El Paso
Called them today to offer my vehicle as a test vehicle and they said there are no current plans to support this vehicle.
I was very disappointed to hear this to say the least.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
They may change their minds now that one of their primary’s has dropped most of their sport line. This would be Ford of course.

I was able to see the 2020 Ford Shelby GT 500 prototype up close and personal this past weekend. Very nice indeed but the price will be restrictive. 100K + 700 hp+ and some tech from the GT also. I’ll post a photo from my other phone. Spoke to the factory rep for quite sometime about the car also.

No Focus RS for the states. Focusing on Suv’s And trucks primarily.

Last edited:

N'oodles

Feb 12, 2019
Canada
I would also like to see this, but have a feeling that they've learned from their last mistake of taking part in what could've been a good platform. But not a tremendously popular one. Namely the Mazdaspeed 3 ( wasted R&D in ratio to return).

Hopefully I am wrong.

MPSFunjet

Apr 24, 2018
Australia
I supported Cobb and bought the AP for my Mazdaspeed3/3mps! I emailed them back in June 2018 about the chances of an AP for the i30N, and got the same response.

alfakapa

Nthusiast
Feb 23, 2022
greece
I know its an old thread but since im coming too from mazdaspeed3 and used cobb for tuning speeds there is another smaller company that did very good job creating a software to tune the mazdaspeed platform called versatuner. I moved from cobb to versa for my speed and i was very satisfied. If someone wants to contact them maybe they will support the N platform.

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
If they haven’t already in 4 years of VN production along with the new EN and KN, they aren’t interested. They're obviously not chasing the KDM market, neither are COBB as well as others. So, you go with those who are.

SXTH ELEMENT is about to start releasing out the EK1 flash tuner for the VN. Mine is pre-ordeeed. Doesn't require an unlocked OEM ECU. The same with the EK1 Pro.👍🇺🇸