• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Climate Change (Believers vs Denialists) and Alternative Fuels

You're asking me, so I'll answer the same way I have above. I don't put my faith or trust in scientists. They're fallible just like everyone.

I don't trust politicians either but I can think for myself. The day before, was just like today and tomorrow will be the same even if both disappear from the earth. One day soon in this short but fruitful life, I'll be gone as well and none of this will make any difference one way or the other.

I live for each day I'm given, not in someone else's scientific or political viewpoint. I don't follow the ways of the world to chase the next thing someone decides to come up with, as a way to laud their authority over another.

You and others like you, have chosen to be held captive to it and your thoughts of it. I simply don't care, I'm a free man with free thoughts, that aren't subject to others fears or beliefs, real or imaginary. I choose my way in the sight of something better that no one can take away by words or actions.

This world will most likely be here long after we are gone and if it's not, you and I don't have a thing to do with it. We're simply along for the 900 mph ride.

If you need to follow something or someone, then I suggest you start by following the truth. Maybe if you reach my age, you realize and understand why.:)šŸ‘

Last edited:
Man, this is passionate! I bet Greta loves it ,until she gets a job, gets pregnant and lives in the real world on min. wages.

This is my take on the subject:

Climate change has happened before man designed the combustion engine, so those factors need to be taken into consideration as well, rather than just blame the ICE. What caused the ice to melt?

The air does need cleaning and fossil fuel in automotive does contribute to poor air quality ( anyone who stood behind a bus in Mumbai will tell you ). This is why I advocate the electrification of commercial vehicles as a bigger priority.

Delivery EV can recharge overnight when the business is closed

I don't like this EV car ownership being force-fed down my throat. The market should dictate it, not laws banning ICE. If there is more demand from the public towards EV, the natural law of supply and demand will take care of it. The buying public is not stupid.

All this EV -ness has not addressed one simple issue - I can fuel my car in about 2-3 minutes, go inside the shop, buy a magazine, pay the girl at the till, and leave. All of this would take about 10 mins max and I would have a full range of about 150 miles ( maybe less in N-mode). Unless an EV can give me this certainly, or I can change the AA battery as I would with a walkman, ICE still wins for convenience.

Fossil fuel is finite, yes, and one should consider other sources of energy, yes. There is no reason not to combine the different sources, to prevent what happened in Texas.

waste management - mankind definitely needs their arse kicked on this, like those people who eat their Big Mac in their car and just throw the rubbish where they park.

The Romans, the Pharaohs, the Kardashians, all civilizations come and go. One day, we will all end and no amount of EV will save us. Let's argue less and enjoy today!

Just compare the energy in one gallon of gas compared to a whole rack of lithium batteries and no amount of solar energy or wind power can replace. All those wind towers operate on lubrication and it can't be forgotten. There's the answer.

NO amount of batteries will ever supercede it. Now Hydrogen fuel cell, that's a different story. Two simply facts that have to be reckoned with that no is talking about; Cost of the energy to charge and disposal of the spent lithium batteries which do not last forever.

Reactions: mikeo
guess this might be the place to air My observations on electric cars, in recent weeks as electric cars become increasingly common on U.K roads I have noticed the phenomenon that those that drive them tend to do so like a partially sighted Nun! That is to say SLOWLY, without doubt its range anxiety but it's spoiling things! I've lost count of the number of times I've been in a 40 zone stuck behind someone in a perfectly capable E.V dawdling along at 27! At this rate the future will be gridlock and doom for the enthusiastic driver :rolleyes:

Reactions: R Veloster N