• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brakes Clicking from footwell

Nomad17

Nthusiast
Dec 21, 2018
USA
This is kind of an odd one and hard to pinpoint. Any idea what that clicking noise could be? It seems to come from the pedal area but only happens under the following conditions.

Car is moving, clutch is depressed, brakes are applied with at least a medium pressure.

Can not reproduce if car is stationary. Cannot with the clutch or brake pedal alone. Both must be pushed at least halfway. Seems like some sort of electrical switch cycling.

Yes, though they aren’t always at a consistent rate and this just started a week ago. Wondering if some relay might be going bad between the clutch position sensor or something related to braking ebd/tcs/abs?

I don't believe so, it doesn't sound electrical in nature. Try lubricating the lever points on the clutch first off and see if it doesn't stop. Then check to see, if anything is loose under the dash or car. Sounds mechanical to me. :)

I greased everything I could think of but it didn’t help. I can’t replicate it while stationary so it’s hard to know exactly where it’s coming from. The clicks happen rapidly even while holding both pedals stationary so I’m trying to determine what can be causing it mechanically.

I'll have to think about this one for a while. :) Check the firewall from the engine compartment. Make sure nothing is loose and causing the ticking, especially the turbo shields.