• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Jack_Red

Jan 22, 2018
England
So I cleaned my car at the weekend and noticed the tailpipes have an orange sort of looking residue. Any advice on what products I should use to clean this off?

What brands of Snow foam are you using....and are you happy with the results achieved!!.

Personally, using Autofinesse just now. For a while I was using Autobrite magifoam, but the only magic thing about it, was how poor it was.

Autofinesse in my experience, seems to do a better job lifting surface dirt etc. Having said that, make sure you've got a lance that's up to scratch, some of the cheaper ones don't have a very good air/water/product mix.

I'm getting near the end of 5ltrs of Bilt Hamber which I'm not that impressed with. I have a decent pressure washer.. lance and dispenser... so may well give your recommendation a try.
Thank you.

I use Bilt Hamber snow foam and so far really pleased with it.
Yes I've been using that but not that impressed . Could be just me.. but it doesn't seem to stay on the vehicle long enough.. .The video's I've seen of snow foam being applied .. Seems to stay on for at least 4-5 mins but i can't achieve that.

i think it depends how you mix it.
Have tried a few different percentage mixes... Which gives a thicker application but it still only lays on the vehicle for much the same amount of time.

i guess everyone has there personal favourite. i will probably try something different once i run out just to compare.

Wish I could pressure wash etc my car.

Just the old bucket method which is a pain, walking back and forth to the house. Anyway, sorry to stray off topic.:(

Wish I could pressure wash etc my car.

Just the old bucket method which is a pain, walking back and forth to the house. Anyway, sorry to stray off topic.:(

i never really used to snow foam as one i hate having to get the pressure washer out etc and 2nd it goes everywhere and when you dont have alot of room as you get it over everything.

Have you tried using hot/cold water? Have you tried measuring exact product to water ratio?

Sounds mental, and a bit over the top, but I found using hot water sometimes makes it too watery. Perhaps coincidence, but honestly, try it!!

As for product/water mix, make sure the product has mixed well. All too often many people have the bottom 3rd of their lance a soapy, yellow kinda colour, and top 2 thirds clear. Sounds so stupid, but I've seen this many times

Have tried a few different percentage mixes... Which gives a thicker application but it still only lays on the vehicle for much the same amount of time.

The BH needs to be 4% when it hits the panel, I'm a professional car detialer if you want a pre wash with the best cleaning power BH Auto Foam is #1 Koch Chemie Green Star a close second.
Both these pre wash's will not leave that shaving like foam behind, but runny foam that should last no longer then 3-5min before being off the car, this is their job and designed to work like so.
If you want that crazy foam that lasts like 10-20min your car your wasting your time and money but look at Auto finesse Avalanche , Autobrite magifoam they are great fun though :)
Hope it helps

Some very useful information in the above posts... Thank you all :)

Autosol for me
7HcmW8Hl.jpg

both work really well used to use autosol all the time but its a bit abrasive but as said both work well.

For the first time in a long while I actually want to clean my car myself rather than letting someone else do it for me. The i30N has changed me already after owning it for 2 days haha.

I don't have an outside tap so I won't be able to use a pressure washer to clean the car.

Basically I would like some recommendations on products you guys use to clean your cars.

Thanks in advance :)