• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Bigbruiseral

Nthusiast
Mar 30, 2018
North east
Thanks, I finally bought cquartz 3.0 and DLux. I will apply them when I have some more time.

I also wanted to ask about the stain on the dashboard that you can see in the pictures. It was already there when the car was delivered. I asked the dealer about it and he told me that there was a sticker on it and that it must be adhesive residue, and that it should come off without any problems. It doesn't feel sticky to the touch though.

I tried to clean it with an APC but it didn't come off. I thought about using alcohol but I didn't know if it could damage the surface in any way.

There seems to be some residue in the glove box as well.

Get a hair dryer on it, keep your in hand in front of the flow and you will know if it too hot, wipe away with 5:1 APC if you have some, if not removed your looking at tardis (Autosmart) Goo Gone, steamer etc

EDIT: Do not put WD40 any where near your interior FYI

Reactions: Pastiche

Pastiche

Nthusiast
Nov 11, 2018
Spain
Thank you @s.arhangelov , @NCart and @Bigbruiseral

I will try first with the microfibre towel soaked in warm water. Unfortunately I can't try it with a hairdryer at the moment because there are no sockets in the garage of my building. I'll see what I can do.

Out of curiosity, what happens if one applies WD40 inside? I've always read of people applying it as NCart says, although I've never done it.

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
You can utilize it but make sure to clean it off. WD40 has emulsifiers that acts like shellack or varnish. It’s not really a lubricant either.

It does a great job of removing stickers and gummy residues but will leave a film if not cleaned off.

Just don’t clean it off with isopropyl alcohol. Use a commercial manufactured interior cleaner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pastiche

Bigbruiseral

Nthusiast
Mar 30, 2018
North east
Thank you @s.arhangelov , @NCart and @Bigbruiseral

I will try first with the microfibre towel soaked in warm water. Unfortunately I can't try it with a hairdryer at the moment because there are no sockets in the garage of my building. I'll see what I can do.

Out of curiosity, what happens if one applies WD40 inside? I've always read of people applying it as NCart says, although I've never done it.
it makes a mess, dust sticks to and smells and it not the right tool for the job :p

Pastiche

Nthusiast
Nov 11, 2018
Spain
I have the same kind of stain on the same place! 😅
I tried to remove the stain by heating the adhesive with a hairdryer as mentioned in a previous post but it didn't work. Probably because I didn't apply enough heat. I was afraid of damaging the dashboard.

I decided to take it to a detailer in my area. I don't know what product he used (maybe some kind of Goo Gone) but the adhesive residue is completely gone. It only took a couple of minutes.

Reactions: GazmaN

PernusGre

Sep 5, 2021
Slovenia
Guys, anyone have experience with Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray wax (on a shadow grey color version)? I'm thinking of basic protection on my fastback and so far I'm only washing it with K2 Vena pro car shampoo with no additional treatment afterwards. Thank you for any info :)

NCart

Jul 23, 2021
Sutton Coldfield
I couldn’t get on with the Meguiars Hybrid spray, tried it on a blue, grey and black car and found it left smears, now use it on the shower screen!

Prefer Gtechniq C2v3 no smears at all or if you want something more readily available Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray but again this can smear and you sometimes have to use a damp cloth to help remove it.

PernusGre

Sep 5, 2021
Slovenia
Yeah I've seen mixed opinions...Just watched an official video where it's been said multiple times "less is better" and 3 or 4 squirts on the hood is enough. Were you maybe too generous with the application?

NCart

Jul 23, 2021
Sutton Coldfield
I was aware that it’s best to use it sparingly but still couldn’t get on with it.
If you have a snow foam lance I can highly recommend Autoglym Polar Seal, it’s so easy to use and leaves a great shine.

IamRy

Nthusiast
Jan 6, 2019
SW UK
I found that the Turtle Wax smears easily if you let it dwell too long and the overspray was also an issue when trying to get a light spray over a large area. I had more success when applying a small quantity on to the panel directly in front of my applicator cloth and immediately wiping it over. It certainly seems to work well, beading is excellent several months later.

Normally I would just use the basic Augoglym Extra Gloss as it's so easy to apply, or Bilt Hamber Speedwax which is also quite nice to use.

Reactions: NCart and GazmaN

NCurious

Nthusiast
Nov 9, 2021
UK
Farecla G3 is the one I settled on after 7 years + of detailing. Easy on, ridiculously easy off and gives great longevity (if the car is prepped well before application).

Bigbruiseral

Nthusiast
Mar 30, 2018
North east
Just a quick one smearing on these LSP's you will find you are using to much product or is reacting to an something on your paint, can be solved by using less product, de con wash, or some times use a damp cloth not wet to apply the LSP, few spritz of clean water will do