• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
I did mine the other day took it around the corner to the hand wash guys (don't stone me) and then took it back to my underground and put armor all on it and it's staying nice and shiney so far. Beading is good. Also put some raineze or something on the windows which helps also and doesn't give any ghosting

Reactions: Crocoman
I thoroughly recommend the guys over at AutoBrite Direct. Check them out here - https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/

Keep an eye on their Facebook page as they regularly travel up and down the country to meets and events. They give out free stuff from time to time too. They literally have everything you’ll ever need.

Reactions: B00n87
I use Pro-Kleen Professional the best snow foam period and cheap a chips on Amazon as I purchased 20 litres for £39 you definitely cat go wrong with prokleen it is an unknown product does not get the reviews it deserves but they will one day reach the big time as they deserve to.

I use Pro-Kleen Professional the best snow foam period and cheap a chips on Amazon as I purchased 20 litres for £39 you definitely cat go wrong with prokleen it is an unknown product does not get the reviews it deserves but they will one day reach the big time as they deserve to.

unfortunately adding the word Professional to a bottle does not make it the best, im a lucky enough to have tried pretty much most of the main stream SF and pro clean wont even make the 5 five.
Don't get me wrong if you want your neighbours to think you know what your doing it looks good and thick but that not a Professional snow foam is supposed to do.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but can I apply wax to the wing mirrors? The black part?

Noticed a lovely looking chip on one already btw. And I know they are ‘black’ but any specific paint code I need to use to touch up?

Cheers

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but can I apply wax to the wing mirrors? The black part?

Noticed a lovely looking chip on one already btw. And I know they are ‘black’ but any specific paint code I need to use to touch up?

Cheers

Yeah they are like the spoiler so wax will be fine! As for the paint code, they are often described as piano black so may be worth looking that up!

Reactions: Crocoman
Cheers mate!

That’s the only thing with washing your car yourself - you notice all the wee marks and chips etc...

Still not broke any speed limit since Wednesday btw ;)

No wonder! Hahah! wish I could say the same... :eek:;)

Reactions: Maverick
I will actually be able to buy some cleaning products next week, going to go with Crocoman's advice and get some Meguiars cleaning product's :D.

Any suggestions on products for cleaning the interior?

I genuinely just use the car plan dash/upholstery wipes that you get from most supermarkets.

That keeps everything clean and I’ve a good cordless vacuum that I use maybe once a week. The interior is one of those ones where as long as you maintain it regularly then you don’t need to put in a massive amount of effort to keep it nice and clean.

Reactions: asd
No problem at all.

I think some of these products are for cars that are absolutely bogging inside! Slightly off topic, but my dealer told me that their valeters have refused to clean some trade ins due to the condition of them!!

Both inside and out....

Reactions: B00n87
Indeed, the amount of people that must pay to have their cars valeted, say, every 3 months or whatever. Then over the next few months the car ends up being an absolute bomb site again and repeat.

Little and often is a nice life moto.;)

Reactions: ellroy
I'm actually really looking forward to washing the car next week....as sad as that sounds haha.

I think the perfectionist in me will come out

I am a bit of a detailer myself. I don't have my N yet but i got a nice collection of products i collected thru the years wich i use on my Honda's.
Clay, shampoo, quick detailers, waxes, sealants, apc, applicators, mitts, towels, brushes,...
A few shelf's full :D

As said before always use the 2 buckets method. There are even special buckets with grid guards at the bottom. These help to separate sand and grind from getting back in your washing mitt.

For a good shampoo i can definitely recommend Dodo Juice - born to be mild. This is my favorite shampoo.

Use chalk free water if possible. Rain water is actually very good for cleaning your car.

Always use clean proper microfiber towels and mitts. I wash mine Everytime after i used them. Also don't use softening additives if you put them in your washing machine. This ruins there absorbing volume.

Reactions: ellroy and B00n87
I'm going to try a leaf blower for drying next time I clean. Agree about chalk fee water, I'm lucky to live in a soft water area so blow drying should work quite well without leaving chalky drying marks.